Frank Mir heavily criticizes JDS' submission game.

"I think that, you know, knowing, you know, on the feet he's obviously looking for the knockout"

So many knows. But yeah I agree, he didn't go for a single submission.

Kidney problems...

He didn't say that's the reason he lost, the article didn't explain things in detail. Dos Santos said Cain beat him because he was better, he probably meant he could have been better than that.

I guarantee you most of the people here talking crap would make excuses if they lost.

Frank Mir is a very smart guy, but that was a dumb comment. I don't see how people can use this fight as an indictment against JDS's ground game. JDS was knocked silly in the first round, he was not a black belt from then on. I thought it was impressive of JDS to survive after getting dropped and be able to work his way back up time and time again afterwards.

I also find it surprising that Mir is piling on because for as great as Mir is on the ground, how many times has his ground game gone to shit after someone tagged him? JDS is a great fighter, just like he tagged Cain in the first fight, Cain tagged him. Neither fight shows a huge difference between the two. JDS has a great chance of winning a 3rd fight, because they're both two very big, very athletic and skilled fighters. One loss to the other doesn't mean either guy sucks

Frank Mir is a very smart guy, but that was a dumb comment. I don't see how people can use this fight as an indictment against JDS's ground game. JDS was knocked silly in the first round, he was not a black belt from then on. I thought it was impressive of JDS to survive after getting dropped and be able to work his way back up time and time again afterwards.

I also find it surprising that Mir is piling on because for as great as Mir is on the ground, how many times has his ground game gone to shit after someone tagged him? JDS is a great fighter, just like he tagged Cain in the first fight, Cain tagged him. Neither fight shows a huge difference between the two. JDS has a great chance of winning a 3rd fight, because they're both two very big, very athletic and skilled fighters. One loss to the other doesn't mean either guy sucks

Spot on.

i love it when an overrated exposed fighter talks smack about another overrated exposed fighter.

I guess you are one of those guys that thinks everyone but your favourite figthers are overrated.

Neither Mir nor JDS are overated they are both proved fighters, losing doesn't make you bad, just shows the other guy was better.

Back