Frank Mir "Cain Velasquez showed that Junior Dos Santos has no ground defense"

Mir really isn't one to talk about ground defense....however, it did look as though Junior was surprised to be on the ground so much. He may have practiced it over and over, but I doubt he actually thought it would go that way.

JDS was in shellshock the whole fight after he got rocked. He was just in auto pilot sparring mode.

Brock Lesnar showed us that Frank Mir has no ground defense. Junior Dos Santos showed us that Frank Mir has no striking defense. Brian Bowles showed us that Frank Mir has no voice after the Miguel Torres fight.

Who ever claimed Mir had any kind of ground defense? He's got subs but defense is not is forte, standing up or on the ground...

Brock Lesnar showed us that Frank Mir has no ground defense.
565341_4.jpg

Who ever claimed Mir had any kind of ground defense? He's got subs but defense is not is forte, standing up or on the ground...
Best defense is a strong offense.

Me: "Junior Dos Santos showed that Frank Mir has no ability to take a fight to the ground against someone who's wrestling might as well be non existent."

See what I did there?

Mostly what I see in this thread is a bunch of nobodies expressing their opinions all day long criticizing a fighter who actually knows what he is talking about for voicing his opinion.

Smartest post in this thread.

Cool story, Frank.

He should fight Junior again. Maybe he can follow Cain's 'blueprint'

so why Cain was unable to finish him?

That is what Junior was thinking before the Cain fight....
And JDS would be right to think that way. Clearly if he's isn't knocking Cain's block off or keeping him at bay with heavy hands, then he's getting grapplefuck grinded to a decision.

565341_4.jpg

Best defense is a strong offense.

I love how people post this picture like it means anything haha, unless your point is that a veteran MMA/BJJ guy can get lucky over an amateur at both.

Second fight speaks volumes about that first debacle.

Brock Lesnar showed us that Frank Mir has no ground defense. Junior Dos Santos showed us that Frank Mir has no striking defense. Brian Bowles showed us that Frank Mir has no voice after the Miguel Torres fight.

/thread

And JDS would be right to think that way. Clearly if he's isn't knocking Cain's block off or keeping him at bay with heavy hands, then he's getting grapplefuck grinded to a decision.

Or maybe he needed to prepare for that situation and not just rely on his offense. That is what can happen when a great offense has no defense to back it up. If there is no contingency plan, the offense isn't worth anything. When you're best weapon is nullified, have you trained enough to at least nullify your opponent's best weapon?

I love how people post this picture like it means anything haha, unless your point is that a veteran MMA/BJJ guy can get lucky over an amateur at both.

Second fight speaks volumes about that first debacle.

whas da matter brocky fan??? got sandy vag???

I guess he should have pulled guard like Bigfoot and got his face smashed in. He was getting up everytime he was taken down....and how can you judge someones ground game after getting knocked into another dimension? This is stupid.

If JDS had no ground game, he wouldn't have survived twenty-five minutes.

/thread

Anyway, Mir will still be Mir.

So how garbage does that make you then Mur? This guy tries to intellectually walk around shit when he's really not smart.

Mir never got the fight to the ground, and Mir has never claimed to have great offensive wrestling. Stop being butthurt about a fighter critiquing another fighter. Mir is just pointing out things that JDS needs to work on.

Back