Frank Mir: Amongst fighters, we know Khabib is the best LW. Conor wouldn't make past first round

Mir looking for that Russian passport to finish his career on roids and rubles.

Putin approves this message.

Conor does very well when he has the size advantage.

And Conor has a 4 inch reach advantage on Khabib. Not to mention his excellent distance control. Khabib has MUCH better wrestling, but his striking is elementary compared to Conor's. Khabib is going to need to set up his takedowns with strikes, he can't just shoot in on a guy like Conor. His timing is too good with his counters, and if Khabib just straight shoots, he's eating shots. When Khabib tries to set up his takedowns with strikes, chances are he's eating a counter. Conor knows what Khabib wants to do and won't just let it happen.

Either guy can win. People saying one fighter will 100% win are delusional.

For MMA he is fine.

MJ got bested in every striking exchange passed the first round vs Khabib.

I'm sorry, but why do people on here act like MJ was some real test for Khabib? In his many losses, the match stops going his way and he pretty much quits. Dude's fine, but let's stop acting like Khabib beat a world beater.

Also, he's a wrestler. His stand up is meh at best.

at some point during the interview I thought he was Volbeat´s vocalist, Mir should comment more often instead of Rogan
803e5725d88b76a5d7a30461c894d6c5.jpg

I don't necessarily agree (as much as I want it to be true), but Mir's analysis are always lucid and fun to read. Would do a much better job than the goofs at Fox.

It's like when Cowboy said the whole roster hates Conor

Then Cruz was like...<{cruzshake}>

What Mur is saying is only true for some of the fighters

Khabib is not the type of fighter who doesn't let his opponents escape the first round. How many first round finishes does he have?

When the fuck is Frank getting a commentator or analyst job
Sheeeeeeeeeit
War Based Frank

I'm sorry, but why do people on here act like MJ was some real test for Khabib? In his many losses, the match stops going his way and he pretty much quits. Dude's fine, but let's stop acting like Khabib beat a world beater.

Also, he's a wrestler. His stand up is meh at best.

Plenty of people picked MJ by dec or KO. Check for yourself. And he was a top 5 guy and will be for a while, not champion calibre but top level in the deepest weightclass none the less.

And duh he is a wrestler, thats why he lands as much as he does when striking with better strikers.

Plenty of people picked MJ by dec or KO. Check for yourself. And he was a top 5 guy and will be for a while, not champion calibre but top level in the deepest weightclass none the less.

And duh he is a wrestler, thats why he lands as much as he does when striking with better strikers.

Relax dude. He's 17-11, 1-3 in his last 4 fights. Top 5? At some point to fluff up someone he was fighting, but the dudes almost a .500 fighter in the deepest weight class.

And yes, he's originally a wrestler. Just like the rest of the wrestlers who fall in love with their own stand up when it's not that great. The only dude he beat with his stand up recently was Poirier. Come on man. Whoopty-fuckin-doo.

That's what they said about Aldo and Conor. Frank Mir is a stupid idiot.

Those picking Johnson were doing it to appear 'in the know'. You get a bunch of them during pretty much every fight. Back the underdog, be confident in your pick and act like you are sooooo much more knowledgeable than those picking the favourite (who is usually favourite for a very good reason), then when it doesn't transpire, disappear and return a little while later doing the same thing with the next fight card.

Anyone who has watched Johnson get wrestle-fucked by Myles Jury knew that Khabib had this in the bag. Anyone who saw Reza fucking Madadi snatch a submission while soundly holdly his own grappling with Johnson, knew Khabib would toast him. He had a puncher's chance and not a very good one at that.

I laugh when people say the difference between the two is Conor's mouth.

Khabib has been provocative and has talked shit his ENTIRE UFC run. It's his own fault he isn't in a better position. He was the one who constantly pulled out of top contender fights due to injuries. Otherwise, he would have had his TS at least a year ago.

They've both got mouths. The difference is Conor showed up to the fights.

He wouldn't make it past the first round...???? Khalil is damn good at what he does but who does he ever finish in the first round?

He better hope Khabib finishes him by the first round. Besides Tibau, every single one of his decisions have been his most dominant performances and absolutely embarrassing for his opponents.
Personally I'd be disappointed if the title fight doesn't last at least 3 rounds, that would be a huge loss for the fans who are used to watching him ragdoll his last few opponents.

Not saying Khabib wouldn't beat Conor, but Conor destroying the champ who destroyed the unstoppable RDA is a bigger accomplishment than Khabib beating 20 cans and 2 non-top-5 fighters in the weight class.

Soooo fedor beats 20 cans and he is the goat but khabib....

Back