Francisco Rivera vs John Lineker, who takes it?

Dart Feld

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Francisco Rivera: 11-4 (4-3-0-1 NC UFC)

ActualDarlingAmurratsnake.gif

OmYjs.gif

John Lineker: 25-7 (6-2 UFC)

cx7JMJI.gif

John+Lineker+Stops+Alptekin+Ozkilic+UFN+Cerrone+vs+Miller.gif

Lineker made weight four times in 8 UFC fights, meaning he only made weight 50% of the time. Formerly ranked in the FlyW top 5, he was possibly closing in on a title shot but UFC forced him to move up to BW.

Rivera is ranked 12th and just rebounded with a 21 second KO of Caceres. That was coming off an impressive performance against top ranked Faber that ended with a damaging eyepoke before the official submission loss.

Both have lost primarily due to being outgrappled and overpowered. Neither is likely to exploit that here.

I think Rivera takes this in dominant fashion. He has a significant size advantage, has more power, and has the tools to really exploit Lineker being hittable. If it turns into a brawl then Francisco has also shown a stronger chin and likely gets the better of it.

I'm not counting Lineker completely out. If he does win I'm not sure where goes from there. BW has alot of large grapplers that doesn't play to his strengths and UFC doesn't seem like they'll let him drop back down after one fight unlike Gastelum. Missing weight 4 times is unheard of in the UFC. Iirc Rumble only missed weight 3 times before he got the boot following the Vitor fight.

Either way it should be a fun fight. Who do you think takes it?

This is honestly one of the best matchups the UFC could make right now. I'll be shocked if this isn't a super exciting scrap.

This is honestly one of the best matchups the UFC could make right now. I'll be shocked if this isn't a super exciting scrap.

Awesome fight. Rivera probably takes it

Rooting for Cisco. Lineker behaved like an asshole last time he missed weight.

Fuck man, idk. Both are really good.

Rivera has a bit of a size advantage, so I'll lean toward him. But damn this is a cool fight. Super hyped for this one.

Rivera easily easily wins this fight. Linekar is not a good fighter he just spams haymakers and would win because he was much bigger than opponents due to constantly missing weight. I hope to god the odds are close to even because there is no way Rivera loses besides freak injury. Cisco is bigger, better, and has longer reach.

Rivera easily easily wins this fight. Linekar is not a good fighter he just spams haymakers and would win because he was much bigger than opponents due to constantly missing weight.
lol at Lineker being bigger than anyone.

Dkgol7Y.jpg

It's almost unbelievable to me that Lineker walked at 165 while fighting at 125(and sometimes 130,128,127)

They didn't fight at the weigh-ins.

No shit meaning Linekar weighed even more than Creepy. Linekar prob had about a 20 lb advantage against most opponents, the dude is a pansy and will be exposed now that he's no longer fighting at 125

Well, I'll be damned. Lineker's chin was actually better.

Back