Francis Not Impressed by Roze After Ref Gifted His Win Against Overeem

Who had the more impressive win against Overeem?

• Total voters
I think we all know that Ngannou is gonna KO Rozenstruik. Rozenstruik is good, but Ngannou is simply on another level. Rozenstruik needs at least another 2 years of fighting to be competitive against Ngannou. However, the only issue with that is that Ngannou would be a better fighter too.

And don't bring up Stipe. Stipe was scared during the fight with Ngannou and didn't want to stand and trade strikes with Ngannou. Yeah Stipe technically won the fight by decision, but if he had stood there and traded strikes with Ngannou the whole match, Ngannou would have certainly KO'd Stipe.
What fight did you see? Stipe outstruck Ngannou on the feet and it wasn’t even close. Ngannou’s landed ZERO punches in the 4th. Sort yourself out. That’s fine you don’t like Stipe but don’t go making shit up.

he wont take him down, cuz not smart enough.
He is smart. But when I think about it... to take down a resisting opponent when you are not a wrestler is actually not easy at all. Even if that opponent doesn't have that good of a TDD. I'll say at least he is going to test the waters, specially if gets shut down standing up...

He is smart. But when I think about it... to take down a resisting opponent when you are not a wrestler is actually not easy at all. Even if that opponent doesn't have that good of a TDD. I'll say at least he is going to test the waters, specially if gets shut down standing up...

his Team is smart, but hes not.

Jimi started with MMA in his late 20s and almost made it to the top.

Roz is not an MMA Veteran.

deal with it.

{<Mcgoat}

Ngannou started mma in his late 20s and IS at the top. Manuwa is an irrelevant retired fighter with no chin.

Rozenstruik has been competing in mma since 2012. Deal with it.

Ngannou started mma in his late 20s and IS at the top. Manuwa is an irrelevant retired fighter with no chin.

Rozenstruik has been competing in mma since 2012. Deal with it.

Jimis divison is way deeper and he was 38 when he lost.

Ngannou started with Boxing and then MMA

A guy with 2 years MMA exp. destroyed your fav. MMA fighter … LOL

Truth hurts, but it is ok.

Rozenstruik by KO.

Ngannou has power but is much sloppier with his striking.

No he didn't, you just say that because Rogan claimed so. JDS's prime ended in the Cain rematches, it is clear as day for every fan who was around that time.

This... as a big JDS fan it was actually pretty clear even in the Hunt fight (after the first Cain rematch) that he lost a step after that beating. Whether it was mental or physical or both but he just never seemed to have the combination of confidence, speed and power like he used to. But he was still a great fighter so he of course still managed and still manages to get good wins.

On topic idk who's going to win but I'm expecting a lot of violence

Overeem is a worse style match up than Ngannou IMO.
Overeem is too smart and clever to counter strike him, the guy made a prime JDS look like a bum with feints and timing (JDS looked prime in his fight with Rothwell right after)

Ngannou is far more dangerous but Rozenstruik is a counter striker and could potentially do what Stipe did
I got Ngannou by KO tho
JDS was done when Cain nearly beat the life out of him for 50 minutes, he was a shell after that

Doesnt Francis have like 0% win rate in fights he cant finish? Rozenstruik has a pretty dang solid chin and can go 5 rounds....
Yes this is true.

3 decisions in his pro fight career and he lost ALL of them.
Dude is a one-trick pony : knock people out fast before he collapses in a near-catatonic-state, and if that doesn't work, there's no Plan B. Luckily for him, it usually works, but I bet you he does almost zero cardio work, I look forward to the day when someone avoids getting clipped by him in 1st 2 rounds (easier said than done, yes) and shows up his abysmal cardio endurance and non-existent Plan B. He is *not* a martial artist, he is a big powerful dude who relies on his one early punch.

This... as a big JDS fan it was actually pretty clear even in the Hunt fight (after the first Cain rematch) that he lost a step after that beating. Whether it was mental or physical or both but he just never seemed to have the combination of confidence, speed and power like he used to. But he was still a great fighter so he of course still managed and still manages to get good wins.

On topic idk who's going to win but I'm expecting a lot of violence
JDS never threw feints and relied on absurd speed and power in his prime. I think Overeem just did a good job of keeping him uncomfortable with constant feints and heavy hands.
Anyways the main point of it was to point out Overeem is good at neutralizing good fighters counter chances. JDS whether he was in peak for or not (He wasn't in his prime but I think he was pretty close, closer than most realise) it was still a showing of Overeems striking IQ.

Let's not forget that Jairzinho was 76-8 with 64 KOs in kickboxing

He is a lot more experienced than Big Frank when it comes to striking

Ngannou has no chance against Rozenstruik
he is too predictable on the feet

Rozenstruik destroyed Overeem.
destroyed ?
I thought he was up 3-1 going into fourth but apparently all the judges had it 3-1 reem

he may have won but it was far from destruction

the ref should of let overeem weather the storm, he was hurt but not out - if the ref didn’t erroneously step in the fight would at best be a draw (Reem was winning 5th so I don’t think a knock down makes it an auto 10-8)

I have a bad feeling about this fight like Francis will not only lose but be KOd.

Jimis divison is way deeper and he was 38 when he lost.

Ngannou started with Boxing and then MMA

A guy with 2 years MMA exp. destroyed your fav. MMA fighter … LOL

Truth hurts, but it is ok.

Manuwa lost the moment he got a top 10 fight.

Aren't you the guy saying Rozenstruik's kickboxing career doesn't matter? Why are you talking about boxing?

Rozenstruik is an 8 year mma veteran, experienced kickboxer, and hasn't fought my favorite fighter.

Back