Francis Not Impressed by Roze After Ref Gifted His Win Against Overeem

Who had the more impressive win against Overeem?

• Total voters
“No, I haven’t seen nothing to impress me. Regarding that fight against Overeem, I mean, he got beat up the entire fight and he got lucky at the end of the fight basically by the early stoppage. The referee, in my opinion was early, and you know, he gave him the win. But, honestly, his UFC career, nothing to impress.

I haven’t seen nothing, but with that being said, it’s not to underestimate him, because he was a kickboxer, and he has some good hands, so he knows the striking game. Now lets find out what he knows about MMA.

“Honestly he wasn’t the one that I was expecting but they wanted him to fight me and that’s why they made it so fast,” Ngannou said. “The guy went from ranked what, he was ranked 13 or 14 to No. 5 basically with that fight, that fight he had against Alistair Overeem so it was clear that they just wanted to push him up and to make that fight happen.

“Realistically, Volkov was the one making sense but Volkov has been turning down the fight several times. Rozenstruik was obviously calling me out which is something that doesn’t happen often so at least with Rozenstruik, you know for a fact that the fight will happen.

“The only way I see the fight going is me knocking him out. Round 1 or Round 2, I don’t know so I hope he’s good enough to pass Round 1 because Round 1 I’ll just take to set up.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...-rozenstruik-not-impressed-wont-underestimate

maxresdefault.jpg

960x0.jpg

IT would be deadly to underestimate him. Yeah Roze robbed Overeem, and I don't think he's in Ngannou's league. But he's fast, technical fairly, and hits hard.

I shouldn't be suprised that there are people out there dumb enough to believe that win was a gift from the ref.

I want to know how a ref "gifted" Rozenstruik that win?

In all seriousness though, outside of his power, i don't think Ngannou has the tools to win this fight.

Ngannou KO's Rozenstrudels head off.

i bet sherdog is the reason why you ever heard his Name lmfao.

he took MMA srsly after his kickboxing career

You joined sherdog 4 months ago bro.

He's been fighting mma for 8 years. He's a veteran at this point.

I want to know how a ref "gifted" Rozenstruik that win?

It was one of the worst stoppages ever. Overeem immediately sprung to his feet after getting knocked down, and the ref stopped it with one or two seconds on the clock because Overeem stumbled for a second. Terrible stoppage, and Rozen was a clear over the other side of the cage.

You joined sherdog 4 months ago bro.

He's been fighting mma for 8 years. He's a veteran at this point.

not sure if troll or sherdogger.

his first fight was 2012 and he won. Manuaw had no Background trained 5 days for his pro fight and won … so his first win means jackshit.

after that he focused on his kickboxing Career ... for at least 5+ years.

I think we all know that Ngannou is gonna KO Rozenstruik. Rozenstruik is good, but Ngannou is simply on another level. Rozenstruik needs at least another 2 years of fighting to be competitive against Ngannou. However, the only issue with that is that Ngannou would be a better fighter too.

And don't bring up Stipe. Stipe was scared during the fight with Ngannou and didn't want to stand and trade strikes with Ngannou. Yeah Stipe technically won the fight by decision, but if he had stood there and traded strikes with Ngannou the whole match, Ngannou would have certainly KO'd Stipe.

not sure if troll or sherdogger.

his first fight was 2012 and he won. Manuaw had no Background trained 5 days for his pro fight and won … so his first win means jackshit.

after that he focused on his kickboxing Career ... for at least 6+ years.

You're the one with the yellow card so you'd be the troll.

Who the hell is Manuaw? Regardless that has nothing to do with this topic. Rozenstruik is an 8 year mma veteran.

Francis has got power but Rozenstruik has it too in a crazy, weird way. Short shots without much behind them drop guys on their ass, and with one punch he cut Overeem's lip in half. I'm still trying to debate who had the worse damage of 2019 - Reem or Mike Perry.

And don't bring up Stipe. Stipe was scared during the fight with Ngannou and didn't want to stand and trade strikes with Ngannou.

Ngannou Looks like Shaq compared other HW mmas and Stipe has t-Rex arms … so im not shooked

I won't be shocked if Francis takes him down, honestly. He is no wrestler, but I think he's got enough technique and strength to do it. And it's very obvious path to victory. I can see him trying his luck tapping him out with a power sub or something...

Very intriguing fight to me, at least. I think Roze could trouble Francis with his stand-up. And I am saying this just because Francis is honestly just a one note counter-puncher. His game on the front foot is like non-existent and if Roze make him to come forward and play the range game it's going to be a Francis-Derrick repeat.

I won't be shocked if Francis takes him down, honestly. He is no wrestler, but I think he've got enough technique and strength to do it. And it's very obvious path to victory. I can see him trying his luck tapping him out with a power sub or something...

Very intriguing fight to me, at least. I think Roze could trouble Francis with his stand-up. And I am saying this just because Francis is honestly just a one note counter-puncher. His game on the front foot is like non-existent and if Roze make him to come forward and play the range game it's going to be a Francis-Derrick repeat.

he wont take him down, cuz not smart enough.

Back