Francis Ngannou Prepared to Leave UFC for Professional Boxing and "Nuke Some Fools"

Would you like to see Francis fight as a pro boxer?

• Total voters
I just dont see it. I mean yeah he has huge power, but Stipe was out boxing him. He would definitely make more money in boxing though, and he would have a good year or two of easy fights to build him up.

He could do well in boxing's tradition of fighting 20 cans before facing someone good. Sure he could go 20-0 but the moment he steps in there against the elite in boxing, he'll get destroyed.

Charles fuckin Martin won a title ffs give him to Freddie for a year, lets see if he can earn some real wonga.

Francis Ngannou linear boxing champ after Adalaide Byrd DQ's Tyson Fury for baiting Ngannou into headbuttng corner post.

He doesn't have the conditioning of a HW boxer. He's way too old to improve his cardio dramatically to go beyond 3-5 rounds in boxing without losing all strength in his arms...

Go to Bareknuckle. I think the best thing that could happen to fighters is to find a meeting point between boxers and MMA in a new sport, then they can get boxing purses and give us mega fights. Imagine, Ngannou vs Joshua, Rumble vs Wilder, Conor vs May, Henry vs Loma, etc. It would be amazing, and most importantly, opens up a new tier of pay under the boxing model of 50/50.

I think he would do OK with good matchmaking but like the majority of the better MMA fighters and kickboxers that cross over, they do well against the part-time regional level guys but usually lose handily to the full-time pros.
Precisely why I say find a meeting point like BK. In kickboxing, boxers are too much a disadvantage, just as MMA are in boxing, but bareknuckle really spices things up with the clinch, smaller ring, no gloves and short rounds.

"You're not ready dosser, are you!?"
No chance against Tyson "Too fast" Fury

I'm sure there are some cans he could crush at the lower level, but that's about it

He will make the transition next year, for his 50th birthday and chase George Foremans record.

Francis would KO most heavyweight boxers in a bare knuckle or small glove scenario, but I don't see him doing too well under boxing rules with their big gloves.

I don't know. Have you seen Wilder?

You mean the guy who got a medal at the Olympic Games and is like 30 wins in a row by KO? Multiple world champ

Yeah I got a feeling he’s actually pretty good

I also don’t remember him getting beat standing against a part time fire fighter

Lol now that i think about It, at least we will see Shannon Briggs stalking somebody that will accept the challenge at first try

Back