Francis Ngannou Prepared to Leave UFC for Professional Boxing and "Nuke Some Fools"

Would you like to see Francis fight as a pro boxer?

• Total voters
I think he'd excel in Guy Ferrari's Grocery Games.

Don’t ever listen to Joe Rogan. This is the same man who said Ronda could out box Floyd.
I don’t remember him saying that. He said that she could beat him in a fight and he said it would come down to grappling.

He's the one who'll get "nuked" if he tries boxing with the pros. Good for him if he can squeeze at least one huge payday out of it I guess, but if he seriously thinks he's got the skills to hang with professionals who have been doing it their whole careers, he's in for a rude awakening.

Yeah, I agree.

I think securing that one big payday is what it’s really all about.

2dabb4.jpg
Thas amazin!

The reason he fights mma is because he’s not good enough to box

The end

wasn't good enough at boxing
even with his limited wrestling and groundgame, he's a better fighter than any boxer

Another potential big draw leaving the UFC

Fertittas conned WME

Rogan:
"There's a lot of guys her size she could beat," said Rogan. "I mean, a lot. If you took the roster of the UFC's bantamweights, 135 pounds, and you paired them up against Ronda Rousey, she might be able to beat 50 percent of them. That's not a joke.

He was also parading this around along with Dana:
“I’m not going to give out what she’s going to do, but I’ll be honest: We get boxing world champions in here – heavyweight champs– and she drops all of them with body shots,” Tarverdyan said. “So if you’re dropping people with 14-ounce gloves, you guys should be seeing that (in her UFC fights).”

Ngannou would do a lot better in boxing than many here would like to have you believe.

Boxers aren't some magical superheroes and Franky is going to be stronger and more powerful than a lot of them.

Only a few real HW killers these days so he'd prolly do pretty well until one of em got ahold of him.
Rather see him in MMA though. Not a huge fan but dude could be champ with like 3 actually grappling classes with that power.

If Dana follows through with his boxing plans there may be something for Francis. But he could be more ambitious.

The reason he fights mma is because he’s not good enough to box

The end

This. He'll win a few fights in boxing for sure, but once he starts fighting mid level, journeymen guys who know how to jab and use footwork, he's going to realize he's in over his head

Miocic outboxed him

And he want go box vs pro HW boxers?
<{vega}>

I guess it's all about dat boxing money

Tbh he should consider BKB he may have much better chances there

Here we go again, Sherdog giving us great insight into boxing. How did Paulie vs Artem turn out? Half of Sherdog needs a year ban to think after that.

Wait is this serious

Legit thought this was a joke

Boxing fans used to say about MMA fighters, "If these guys could box, they'd be doing that instead."

MMA fans including myself denied that, but I think the past few years have proven that to be true, especially since McGregor vs Mayweather which proved that even the top MMA guy who everyone chases after like dogs for a payday will also chase the top boxer like a dog for a payday and recognition. That fight didn't happen in a boxing ring because Floyd was scared. It happened there because he calls the shots and MMA fighters are still seeking the kind of validation which boxers have.

I think MMA's chance of standing on it's own feet and saying "We don't need boxing or the approval of boxing fans/promoters/boxers" is over. MMA is second-rate compared to boxing. I wish things could have turned out differently but that's the world we live in.
You are full of shit. Boxing is just one small facet of MMA and anyone with knowledge of combat sports knows MMA destroys boxing in real life fights.

Boxing as a sport is over 100 years older than MMA, has established grass roots foothold all over the world with an endless supply of contenders. MMA just isn't there yet.

Just because the MMA boom in North America is over doesn't mean there isn't a world wide boom, because there is. Places like Russia, Africa, Latin America, Eastern Europe, and Southeast Asia are experiencing booms while places like Brazil and Japan are experiencing MMA revivals.

MMA's popularity will pulse like JBJ for years and won't replace boxing, but will be side by side with it along with all the other top-tier world class sports.

LOL@ Joe Rogan convincing fools that they're boxers.

Boxing isn't something you just get into at 35 or whatever Ngannou is. He's going to get fucked in the butt by any top 50 HW.

Everyone wants to be a boxer now

<{cruzshake}>

I agree. This is reminiscent of when 5 years ago or so, MMA fighters thought that professional wrestling was going to be an easier way to have a career after fighting. Lawal, Rampage, Ortiz, Coleman, etc all dipped their toes in it, and failed.

Their failure to have crossover success stemmed not only from older age, but because of their disrespectful attitude in treating a profession (pro wrestling) or another sport (boxing) as something that can just be picked up by anyone with an athletic background.

Of course, there are outliers, people who succeed in several sports or professions, but their natural athleticism and dedication is not something that everyone possesses or can replicate.

Back