Francis Ngannou says he's no longer interested in a potential fight with Jon Jones

It's a non story. He only says that because of inactivity. If Jones took a HW fight and won they'd all be chomping at the bits for him.

LOL imagine believing Jon Jones would fight at Heavyweight, let alone ever again.

Honestly styles make fights... and Gane is a rough one for Ngannou. But I think he's a better fight for Jones. Jones doesn't want to tempt fate closing the distance against a HW like Ngannou. And he sure as fuck doesn't want to box with him... But Gane is like a fencer on the feet and strangely good at not getting hit. But Gane isn't AS scary to get in on for takedowns. Gane is more of a point fight style than a KO artist. If he beats Ngannou somehow I think chance of Jones fighting again becomes better because stylistically it's a better fight for him. He rides on the fact his record is so good, the only loss being a DQ. ANY fight with Ngannou is 50/50 he hits you once.... Which is all he fucking needs. I honestly think Jones is trying to just ride out the Ngannou era before making the move to HW.

sherdog: "no one is interested anyway"

*fight gets made next week

sherdog: "cant WAIT for this fight!"

Funny, because I don't see threads dedicated to every single tweet from or happening in the lives of guys like Liddell, GSP, Silva, etc.
Well, first of all, all of those guys are officially retired. Jones is still pretending he's going to fight, and some marks believe him.

Secondly, there are definitely threads about GSP and Silva, all the time. And Conor, and Khabib, and other fighters who are no longer relevant.

Like I said, a hell of a drug.

Curious what Ngannou will do if he loses, especially if it's one-sided. Can't imagine a fight with Fury would sell at that point and it doesn't seem like he's considering that possibility at all.

Isn't Jones doing time, but not the behind bars doing time, and quietly?

If he beats Gane and retains the belt, he better get interested

I was waiting for ESPN to say they were going to pay Jones and Ngannou what they were asking for the fight then raising the ppv price to $1000.

Well, first of all, all of those guys are officially retired. Jones is still pretending he's going to fight, and some marks believe him.

Secondly, there are definitely threads about GSP and Silva, all the time. And Conor, and Khabib, and other fighters who are no longer relevant.

Like I said, a hell of a drug.
1. That would be buyable if the only people making Jon threads were the ones who think we'll see him again. They're not though. The guys making Jon threads (and replying to them like you) are, more often than not, the ones who hate him and generally push the narrative that he won't ever fight at HW. So if someone truly believes that, then he's as retired, washed, and irrelevant to everyone as those other guys I mentioned are, yet the threads still come. And yes, I realize the other guys have threads made about them, but there isn't a giant multipage circus every time GSP or Silva posts a picture to or says something on Twitter.

2. When it comes to Conor, I'd say he's very similar to Jon in that people are still engaged with him. I never argued that I think Jon or Conor are relevant as MMA fighters in 2022. I simply said that they are to the MMA community, with the frequency their name comes up on the world's premiere MMA forum being evidence of such. As for Khabib, he's a little unique in that he retired in his prime, and, similar to Conor used to, has a rabid cult of personality. He's also still involved in MMA, just not as a fighter, so he continues to appear in the news cycle. I think it's diminishing in frequency though. I would expect the same in regards to Jon if he doesn't have a fight scheduled by this summer.

good. he finally realized he's a dragon that Jon Jones wants no part of slaying.

It's a non story. He only says that because of inactivity. If Jones took a HW fight and won they'd all be chomping at the bits for him.

I think he says it partly because he believes Jones will never fight him and partly because he now views a boxing match as his money fight.

Back