Francis Ngannou is going to retire as the greatest HW of all time.

Arlovski wasn't cut. He actually left the UFC on a 3 fight winning streak after losing his title to Sylvia.

Sylvia wasn't cut either. He actually requested to exit his contract so that he could try and get a fight with Fedor. His last fight before leaving was for the interim title.
The UFC was looking for any reason to get rid of Sylvia. Arlovski simply wasn't UFC contender calibre anymore. He proceded to lose to Rogers and Kharitonov right after that. That's not championship contender material. These are good gatekeeper fights but they're on the caliber of title defenses. They're just that: good fights, but not championship level fights.

Guys like Jones, GSP, Anderson have defended their titles against top contenders like 10 times. Fedor did that 3 times, then fought a bunch of gatekeeper level fights (eg Coleman and Randleman) at best and fat Japanese guys and freak shows like Zulu in between.

It was a long "reign". But it wasn't real. It was a facade compared to real reigns where guys go 10 fights defending their belt against the top contender every time.

The UFC was looking for any reason to get rid of Sylvia. Arlovski simply wasn't UFC contender calibre anymore. He proceded to lose to Rogers and Kharitonov right after that. That's not championship contender material. These are good gatekeeper fights but they're on the caliber of title defenses. They're just that: good fights, but not championship level fights.

Guys like Jones, GSP, Anderson have defended their titles against top contenders like 10 times. Fedor did that 3 times, then fought a bunch of gatekeeper level fights (eg Coleman and Randleman) at best and fat Japanese guys and freak shows like Zulu in between.

It was a long "reign". But it wasn't real. It was a facade compared to real reigns where guys go 10 fights defending their belt against the top contender every time.
They were looking to get rid of Sylvia? He fought for the belt in the fight previous to Fedor. Arlovski wasn’t contender material? He was the champ, lost the belt, rematched for the belt, then went on a 5 fight winning streak that included Werdum, Rothwell, and Roy Nelson.
Guys like Jones, Anderson, and GSP have defended their belts a bunch of times. Heavyweights have not. Even if you use the bullshit metric of 3 title defenses, Stipe just managed to do that recently. Fedor did that years ago. In fact, he won EIGHTEEN fights in a row after winning the belt, which included Randleman, Coleman, Hunt, Nog, Mirko, Sylvia, and Arlovski. I believe Fedor is the GOAT—but it’s debatable. Whether or not he’s the GOAT heavyweight isn’t debatable—he is.

They were looking to get rid of Sylvia? He fought for the belt in the fight previous to Fedor. Arlovski wasn’t contender material? He was the champ, lost the belt, rematched for the belt, then went on a 5 fight winning streak that included Werdum, Rothwell, and Roy Nelson.
Guys like Jones, Anderson, and GSP have defended their belts a bunch of times. Heavyweights have not. Even if you use the bullshit metric of 3 title defenses, Stipe just managed to do that recently. Fedor did that years ago. In fact, he won EIGHTEEN fights in a row after winning the belt, which included Randleman, Coleman, Hunt, Nog, Mirko, Sylvia, and Arlovski. I believe Fedor is the GOAT—but it’s debatable. Whether or not he’s the GOAT heavyweight isn’t debatable—he is.
No doubt the's the GOAT HW. But that's a spot that's so unachieved in historically than Ngannou -- or any champion caliber fighter -- has a very real shot of attaining it.

Wanna be the GOAT at WW or LHW? You're going to have to defend your title against killers for like 12 straight fights.

Wanna be the GOAT at HW? You just need to defend your title for like 1-2 years before losing it.

Setting hte title defense record at HW is something that's very realistic for any HW champion. DC could do it. I think it's one of the reaosns he hasn't retired yet. IF he beats Stipe, he could very realistically retire with the HW title defense record even at 40+ years old.

I was super skeptical after his losses to Stipe and Derrick Lewis, but this new patient version of him is the most dangerous MMA fighter I ever seen I think he easily dispatches Stipe and Jairzhino and will have a very long reign at the top of HW.

You just can’t teach the timing and power that he has.
You've seen no wrestling or cardio since Stipe. So doing all the same stuff he did before Stipe has proved he's different.

Well you got the first half of your statement right. He is going to retire.

You've seen no wrestling or cardio since Stipe. So doing all the same stuff he did before Stipe has proved he's different.
Nothing in the rules says you have to use wrestling and cardio to win.

So if he lost the other dude would become Fedor?
Thats messed up and weird
Lol in a sense. It’s the Undertaker Wrestlemania Streak Rule. Unfortunately for Werdum, instead of straight murking fools, he lost a decision to Overeem in one of the worst fights ever as a follow up.

patient Ngannou beat any man in the octagon. The stipe fight was completely different from ngannou usual style, he was too confident and paid the price. In the rematch Ngannou TKO stipe badly.
Fiction can be fun

He’s 33 and has barely made a dent so far. He wont be anywhere near top 5 of all time.
Duno if he will or no. But hes hl kod some legends (Reem, Dos Santos), plus beat Blaydes twice. Blaydes might have a great career, so those wins might look huge in the future. Also 33 @ hw aint shit, and hes taken little damage.

I was super skeptical after his losses to Stipe and Derrick Lewis, but this new patient version of him is the most dangerous MMA fighter I ever seen I think he easily dispatches Stipe and Jairzhino and will have a very long reign at the top of HW.

You just can’t teach the timing and power that he has.
I think you're right. In fact, I know you're right. It's not hard to tell whats coming with Francis, he's the ultimate killing machine.

Side note but fuck Dana White for putting Blaydes against him (twice) and now Jairzhino it’s like he doesn’t know how to properly fucking build a contender without throwing him to the fucking wolves.
Jairchino is the only big test that's left for Francis. If he dispatches Jairchino, the sky's the limit.

The Cain and JDS he fought are nowhere the fighters they were . That is like saying you are GOAT for wining vs Cro COp Nog and Fedor at the end of their carrers

I will never forget the before the Stipe fight Nganou was like Stipe dont lie you are affraid of me and being all cocky then Stipe pushed his shit in and Ngannou was all broken.

He is amazing
Great ground skills
Very offensive wrestling
Amazing gas tank
Undefeated
182 tittles defenses
Mazing!!!

Jairchino is the only big test that's left for Francis. If he dispatches Jairchino, the sky's the limit.

"throwing to the wolves" … actually They are throwing Jaurchino to the wolves.

He trained MMA for max 2 years.

He Needs at least 1 more year.

No Fedor did not go a decade undefeated. 8 years is not a decade.
10 years is a decade. As in, he was undefeated between the year 2000-2010.

Whether or not he’s the GOAT heavyweight isn’t debatable—he is.
giphy.gif

lmao, flat out wrong. Plenty of people will debate that, with a strong, strong case

Go off though, just remember it’s your opinion

Back