Francis Ngannou - Apex

He was overconfident coming in to Stipe fight. Came in overweight and didn’t work on his wrestling and that’s way he gased. With all that it was still a hard fight for Stipe. Blaydes and Cain both are better wrestlers than Stipe, but it didn’t matter when Ngannou was on his A game

I like how people pretend JdS was (or is) past his prime. He is 2 years younger than Stipe, and they fought when he was 31 and 33.
Reminder: Ngannou is 33, Jones is 32, Khabib is 31, Tony Ferguson is 35 (exact same age as JdS in a way more competitive division).

Before Stipe, he was finishing people in 2-3min. Now he's finishing them under 1min.
Lewis vs. Ngannou went 15min. With an L for Ngannou.

He was overconfident coming in to Stipe fight. Came in overweight and didn’t work on his wrestling and that’s way he gased. With all that it was still a hard fight for Stipe. Blaydes and Cain both are better wrestlers than Stipe, but it didn’t matter when Ngannou was on his A game
We’ll disagree on all of our points but no worries. I think Blaydes gets beat everywhere vs stipe and Cain gets put asleep trying to bang with Stipe. Never know unless we see it. Ngannou though we saw, excuses or no, Stipe put on a clinic how to beat a monster.

Ngannou gassed after 1-2 mins vs Stipe, showed less hip movement than a 3 weeks old whitebelt and was 1 weight class bigger.

Thats what you call a pro athlete?

HAHA

In all honesty stipe is very overrated. Ktfo by struve. Beat by pre cain jds. Ktfo by old man cormier. Gets a late win over dc after being smoked for 3-4 rounds. Beat ngannou after running for a round to tire him out. But could not even hurt ngannou when he was nearly dieded from exhaustion. Just a right place right time bloke. Good but not great.

I think it is pretty clear what I am trying to say.

Stipe is great at beating old, damaged fighters.

True. But it's not Stipe's fault young bucks like Jon Jones, Reyes, etc cut weight to avoid these "old HWs"

True. But it's not Stipe's fault young bucks like Jon Jones, Reyes, etc cut weight to avoid these "old HWs"
Finally someone else gets it. No one wants HW smoke and especially Stipe smoke. Cheers.

In all honesty stipe is very overrated. Ktfo by struve. Beat by pre cain jds. Ktfo by old man cormier. Gets a late win over dc after being smoked for 3-4 rounds. Beat ngannou after running for a round to tire him out. But could not even hurt ngannou when he was nearly dieded from exhaustion. Just a right place right time bloke. Good but not great.
Ngannou would be the champ for years if not for Stipe. DC wants no part of Ngannou. No one else can touch him. And everyone would say he’s the greatest. But Stipe mauled Ngannou, so how badass is Stipe?

That's just your opinion dude, there is no proof Ngannou would do better in a rematch. Since the rematch hasn't happened yet, and there is no indication that Ngannou has meanwhile developed some kind of elite TDD game, it would make much more sense to assume Stipe would still beat him.

The last sentence is also bs. You can (maybe) argue that those guys are better in pure wrestling, but in a MMA context I think Stipe smokes them both. Regarding the Cain victory, it's kind of interesting that Stipe's haters always say that Stipe's opponent are old/damaged, but "somehow" that part never gets mentioned wrt Ngannou's recent victories over Cain and JDS.

Before Stipe, he was finishing people in 2-3min. Now he's finishing them under 1min.

So.... hes exactly the same?

This is my problem with the big Frank hype train. No one can actually provide any evidence that he's better equipped to fight top guys than he was the first time around.

He still gets mauled by DC and Stipe via wrestling.

Says a lot about the division nowadays, doesn't it.

It means people are getting a little smarter about the risks/reward ratio of being a ufc fighter . Even Chris leben said he wished he was just a truck driver for that whole time

Ngannou will be fine. I think he's improved and has become a better fighter. He'll be champion someday, probably this year.

So.... hes exactly the same?
1min<2min

This is my problem with the big Frank hype train. No one can actually provide any evidence that he's better equipped to fight top guys than he was the first time around.
Let's throw some unpopular truths:
What if he never needed to be better equipped?
What if he only underperformed because of a verifiably shitty preparation?
What if the 40min against Stipe and Lewis gave him all the cage experience needed to never lose again?

<TheWire1><TheWire1><TheWire1>
<TheWire1>{<jimmies}<TheWire1>

1min<2min

Let's throw some unpopular truths:
What if he never needed to be better equipped?
What if he only underperformed because of a verifiably shitty preparation?
What if the 40min against Stipe and Lewis gave him all the cage experience needed to never lose again?

<TheWire1>{<jimmies}<TheWire1>
Haha those are hypothetical questions. Not truths. Not sure where you were going with that.

To be clear, Ngannou is a great fighter. In my opinion hes a clear cut #3 behind stipe and DC. Not saying hes a can.

He has shown no improvements to his wrestling or TDD though. So what's different this time around? He might be better. The point is that we dont know. In my opinion the hype train is kind of premature.

Haha those are hypothetical questions. Not truths. Not sure where you were going with that.

To be clear, Ngannou is a great fighter. In my opinion hes a clear cut #3 behind stipe and DC. Not saying hes a can.

He has shown no improvements to his wrestling or TDD though. So what's different this time around? He might be better. The point is that we dont know. In my opinion the hype train is kind of premature.

We'll he really hasn't had to showcase those skills in his last fights. But you would think the average person would try to improve their game knowing their weaknesses. I'm pretty sure he learned a lot against Stipe. And he's worked hard to patch those holes in his game. And he will showcase it in his next fight I'm certain of it.

100% pure scientifically proven truths, people are just not ready to accept it.
It's OK, sooner or later, you will all bow to the HW king.

He has shown no improvements to his wrestling or TDD though.
He has a 100% TDD since Stipe, after facing the 2 most prolific TD artists in UFC HW history... some people still don't understand that a KO is an effective way to defend TDs.

No Ground Game is overrated. It is hilarious that he gets more hype than Stipe.

Back