Francis hate?

Well according to the stats he did hit lewis 11 times apparently.

Ngannou didn't even hit Lewis, that was the air from the short jabs that were missing. If Ngannou doesn't get the TS next, they should feed him Lewis again. Finish that bum in 25 seconds.

Francis is a big scary guy. There is no amount of money that would make Jones want anything to do with those heavy clubbing punches

Toughman.png

ThirstyFakeGosling-size_restricted.gif

Lewis barely spanked the air let alone ngannou in their "fight" which saw only 31 successful strikes landed in TOTAL.

Lewis only won because he managed to hit ngannou 20 times as opposed to 11 from ngannou.

That's over 15 minutes!

I dont think lewis can claim anything to boast about from that "fight"...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...ancis-ngannou-landed-31-total-strikes-ufc-226

Sure
Lewis and Ngannou's style are really close.
2 big brawlers that dont really like to grapple and with a limited gas tank.
Even if that was not that much of a spanking, Lewis won the fight and no offense but he is just a gatekeeper.
If Ngannou cant get past a gatekeeper that fights like him then I guess Ngannou is not that great.
Very solid and powerful puncher no doubt about that but clearly not the most all-around man in the roster

Well he has already run through most everyone except miocic, cormier and lewis. Of those three only the first two would seriously threaten to beat him.

He cant even run through the whole current UFC HW division and it's pretty weak.

Lewis was fortunate that he came up against him after he lost his confidence against mioicic. If he faced him now, Lewis would most likely also be knocked out. By virtue of being also a striker without much of a wrestling game, he comes up against the superior hitting power of ngannou.

Sure
Lewis and Ngannou's style are really close.
2 big brawlers that dont really like to grapple and with a limited gas tank.
Even if that was not that much of a spanking, Lewis won the fight and no offense but he is just a gatekeeper.
If Ngannou cant get past a gatekeeper that fights like him then I guess Ngannou is not that great.
Very solid and powerful puncher no doubt about that but clearly not the most all-around man in the roster

Haters gona hate ... there just mad because they jumped off the bandwagon the second he had adversity, now they look like idiots and can’t admit they where wrong.

Francis is awesome at what he does (knocking people out quickly), but he's rough around the edges and has 2 rounds to win a fight. 9 times out of 10, he'll come short against crafty and intelligent guys like DC or Stipe.

His fanbase doesn't like to hear that for some reason... it's interpreted as hate and racism.

They don't want to hear that because it is so ridiculously delusional thing to believe, that Stipe or DC are 90% favorites vs Ngannou. Why should anyone take seriously something that retarded?

That’s a definite possibility, but what if Stipe beats him again?
Does he go on a meth diet and drop to 205?
If Stipe beats him again, he knows he has to work on his wrestling. I think Stipe is close to retirement though so even if Stipe beats him, the future looks bright for Francis

He's a black dominant fighter, name 1 black dominant fighter that was/is not hated by the majority of MMA fans and bashed on forums online.

<{hfved}>

They don't want to hear that because it is so ridiculously delusional thing to believe, that Stipe or DC are 90% favorites vs Ngannou. Why should anyone take seriously something that retarded?

Sure buddy :)

That was a sloppy-looking KO and it sucks to see something like that at the highest level. However, you can't argue the effectiveness of his last performance so... I'd like to hope most people don't actually hate Francis cuz the guy's career is one big HL reel with a couple (notable) exceptions. I've seen nothing to suggest he has the grappling chops, specifically TDD, to get past Stipe and DC when he's matched up with one of them next, but it's entirely possible he sleeps them (although I think that's unlikely).

If people are comparing him to Bob Sapp that is honestly one of the worst comparisons ever made in MMA history, and that's saying something.

Because he isn't "technical"

Neither is Deontay Wilder according to the boxing dorks, if you can KO high level people... you're technical

Francis is a BAD mofucka
This. I'm an old school Pride fan but it doesn't matter to me one way or another whether he'd beat Fedor/Nog/CC. NO ONE will ever know. That said, I'd bet my house that if Francis hit Nog in his prime on the button, he would've been the first to finish him by KO or TKO.

Another poster already said it, but I'll repeat it. When a guy beats a ranked HW, who has like 80 pro KB bouts, simply by being big, strong and fast, it makes you think, "Is my favorite sport really any better than Whirl-Star?"

People are just butt hurt that somebody is able to just waltz in there with the striking technique level of an elementary schoolyard playground brawl and start sleeping their favorite legends.

It is definitely not a good look for the sport but to hate him for it is a bit much. He seems like a chill dude. It’s not his fault. They should redirect their anger to the other heavyweights who are allowing this to happen. I for 1 say kudos to him for exposing how shallow the sport of mma still is after all these years. It’s not like heavyweight is a new developing division.

Brock was doing the same thing 10 years ago. He was a shitty wrestler who outsized
/out powered his way to a D1 championship and then ufc championship and a decade later Francis is out sizing/ out powering his way to a top 3 ranking and possible eventual championship

Back