Media Francis during face off with Gane : "No matter what you think, i respect you"

None of us know shit about what actually happened, so don't pretend to know. Calling either man a liar is incredibly dumb.

TJ also denied Cody put him down before the vid came out. Maybe Gane just don't remember that sequence at all? Maybe it didn't happen?

True or not, Francis played it up for the fans. And retaliated against Fernand who started it.

Why would calling either man a liar be dumb when one of them is definitely lying? Probably Ngannou.

Isn't it always business?

Clearly it’s not just business for many fighters, you have some odd takes

Gane has a lot of confidence. I like him in this fight, but Frank could easily put him on a stretcher.

Why would calling either man a liar be dumb when one of them is definitely lying? Probably Ngannou.

Clearly it’s not just business for many fighters, you have some odd takes
There is only one truth. That's not what i said. Let me dumb it down for you: To call either Francis or Gane a liar is dumb and childish because you have no idea what the truth is. Or was you there?

Also, have you been ko'd or flash dropped? I have. Don't remember shit. Maybe Gane just don't remember. We don't know.

"Probably Francis is lying" lmao how do you figure that? Because you like Gane more? And you call me the odd one?

And umm yes this is a business right? Most fighters understand that. For like 90% of the time, its just business at the end of the day. Even Masvidal himself said it's only business when he fights Colby. What are you talking about man?

Sure there's some extreme cases where the line has been crossed and it's not only business anymore, (dolly incident) but that's not the rule.

Cant believe i had to explain all that.

Francis's version of "it's just business". Funny how arrogant and chirpy he was right before that lol

Not towards ciryl though, he kept it very civil.
You cannot blame him for being annoyed by fernand or french reporters who are bringing BS.

What did he do or say that was "arrogant"?

The exchange at the very beginning. Gane asked him politely to clarify and explain the allegation he was making and I thought his responses were arrogant. "Oh, you don't remember? Huh? Knocked out were you?"

Just got finished watching the whole thing and I see where he's coming from. He said "I wouldn't talk about it but his team released footage of us sparring and I just talked about more than what was in the footage". Obviously paraphrasing in my own words.

I think Francis might be telling more of the truth. Gane got really agitated and suddenly couldn't figure out what Francis was saying when Francis said the coach made Gane quit sparring and go home after Francis kicked him in the head.

That being said, I've always found Francis arrogant. Acted arrogant with Stipe backstage at an event after their first fight. Generally acts aloof and arrogant. This whole sparring story only reinforces that. Gane said Francis is a shitty training partner who doesn't try to use technique and puts too much power in his shots. Sounds about right.

Last edited:
I’m kind of on both ends of the spectrum; I agree with your statement, but sometimes the build up makes the fight legendary (ie: Conor vs. Nate I).
Oh, I don't disagree with you.
But while Nate was not faking it, so it was quite good.
But (for instance) when COnor called Siver a Nazi, or laughed at Aldo for being poor... that, to me is cringy at best, and I don't need it.

What did he do or say that was "arrogant"?

HE DID STUFF OK

usApXo2.gif

I love everything about this fight, not gonna lie. It's basically a fucking soap opra between two terminators and their attention loving coach/ex coach

Francis was sparring Gane and he accidently landed a head kick.
Gane was rocked and at best he took a knee.
The coach told Gane he was done for the day.
Francis claims Gane was koed and Gane is hurt by that because it was a mild kd at best.

Lopez in Gane's ear feeding lies

I think people getting carried away, he said in an interview that he's trying to sell the fight...then he did say Francis has not really improved his grappling...make of it what you will.

Francis claims Gane was koed and Gane is hurt by that because it was a mild kd at best.
Were you there?

Maybe Gane was out. Not out cold, but out.

People hating on Francis for no reason. He and Gane are very respectful of each other.
Yeah, in the press conference they essentially agreed that it was merely a difference in semantics. It's the two best heavyweights in the world fighting Saturday. That should be enough to get any fan of mma excited. I think these two fighters are more mature than much of the audience or reporters lol.

Reactions: lsa
Looks like the most likely version of what happened. But if that bit had been published, the narrative would be very different today.
Then again, the claims that Gane got him with a knee to the liver are probably true as well. Who cares.

Dana's all, "God damnit, fuck this civilized bullshit. Someone spit or threaten a kid or something."

Back