Francis Carmont wants Okami or Munoz

MMAfanWA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
French middleweight Francis “Limitless” Carmont (20-7) is undefeated in the UFC and wants a step up in competition. The 31-year-old most recently earned a lacklustre split decision over Tom Lawlor (8-5) at UFC 154. But he’s the owner of an impressive nine-fight win streak, with his last loss coming in April, 2008. The 6’3″ former light heavyweight trains with Georges St Pierre at Tristar Gym in Quebec, Canada and he wants either Mark Munoz (12-3) or Yushin Okami (28-7) at UFC 158 in Montreal.

“To start 2013, I’d like to make a good fight. Give me the opportunity to fight Munoz or Okami at UFC 158 in Montreal” (Facebook)

From www.mmaliveshere.com

Last edited:
So he wants to get wrestled to a decision loss?

I've bet on Carmont on all four of his ufc fights but I don't think he would beat either one.
But he deserves a step up nevertheless.

Have him fight Okami as the last fight on the FX prelims so that we can get a long break to either nap to recharge before the main card of a PPV or make a quick beer run.

MAKE IT HAPPEN DANA!!

Neither are great match-ups for him given his performance against Lawlor, but I give him a better chance against Munoz. Okami would be a cage clinch-fest.

i thought lawlor won the fight. Carmont is very predictable in his striking. its always right hand or right kick. no set up sorta like a karate stance.

Disappointed about Carmont his last fight but I still think he's a very promising fighter

lol he wants Okami after winning a controversial decision to Lawlor?

Okami 30-27

as for Munoz...Harder to say, I always thought Munoz was overrated...this matchup would be better. I think Munoz would take it though.

If the Carmont that fought Lawlor that shows up he will get destroyed by Okami and probably Munoz. Still perplexed as to how 2 judges sided with him against Lawlor, he landed a few leg and body kicks, that was pretty much it the whole fight.

Both are too high up the ladder for him IMO, but I guess Munoz would be ok.

I think Okami would grind him pretty easy. I would make a heavy bet on Okami if this fight did materialize.

Okami's win column is already clearing shit out of the way to make room for another one

I've bet on Carmont on all four of his ufc fights but I don't think he would beat either one.
But he deserves a step up nevertheless.

I honestly don't think so. Especially a step up against a wrestler. I thought Tom Lawlor was a little bit of a step from his previous few opponents and he didn't look good in that fight I actually thought Lawlor won that fight

Last edited:
Back