News Francis borrowing money for camp

His base salary for 260 was a reported 500k. And has a listed PPV bonus of 700k. Fighters should get a bigger share of the revenue, but if those numbers are close to reality he's thrown money away.

UFC is decently popular around the world while no one knows what nfl is outside of the US.
$6.5 billion
According to Forbes, the Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in the NFL for the 15th consecutive year, with a valuation of $6.5 billion.
Aug 5, 2021
That's one team.

$6.5 billion
According to Forbes, the Dallas Cowboys are the most valuable franchise in the NFL for the 15th consecutive year, with a valuation of $6.5 billion.
Aug 5, 2021
That's one team.

maxresdefault.jpg

You guys are acting like he received the full $1 million.

Taxes reduce that amount a lot.

He may have bought a house and a car. That would easily take up $500,000.

He may have helped pay for family members to go to college. That could be an extra $100,000 right there.

Dana White and his friends are greedy.

We all gotta pay taxes bro. We all got a house and cars. We all got families.

Besides, all those expenses are tax write offs for trainers and gym help.

Somehow I make a fraction of what big Frank makes and survive just fine!

You mean now?!
He must be doing something wrong if so
Yeah, man. He ain't doing it right if he's still having to borrow money at this point, for camp.
I get that the UFC's not up to par pay - wise but Francis is paid way more than most in the roster.
Maybe just another negotiating ploy but looks bad

Obv they deserve money....off that subject.

How the fekk does he not afford camp?

I just can't believe that one little bit.

Mind I jus saw a tweet yesterdy and this thread and didn't bother to read (yea I Dawged it)...

Is Normal...

<BC1>

You guys are acting like he received the full $1 million.

Taxes reduce that amount a lot.

He may have bought a house and a car. That would easily take up $500,000.

He may have helped pay for family members to go to college. That could be an extra $100,000 right there.

Dana White and his friends are greedy.
How the shit would any of those things be the fault of "Dana and his friends"?

The answer is that he is brutally terribly with money if he decided to pay cash for an expensive house, then buy a rolls royce, then for some reason pay a full 4 years of tuition up front for somebody else, and somehow blow the other $2.5 million he's made without realizing that everybody owes taxes, including "Dana and his friends", and without planning for another training camp to continue to make even more money.

Since when MMA is harder than boxing? i feel for Ngannou but that's you get for asking fr money and not being a company man. not a fan but i hope he gets acknowledged.

Can somebody explain what the costs are for a training camp? Presumably, he's already part of a team and trains at a gym. So, what additional costs are there when getting ready for a fight? We already had this discussion when Miesha Tate made similar claims. Also, fight more than once a year. Your career is a professional fighter, so only basically having 1 income generating event per year doesn't seem all that smart.

Tyson fury and most legit heavyweights would smoke him anyway. Boxing is just different

Obviously we know what would happen in a real fight tho

It's not surprising when you see him on IG.

He's constantly flying all over the world, 1st class. Living the high life. The guy was completely broke most of his life until his 30's and comes from an extremely poor background. It's not that surprising he isn't great with money.

Uncle Dana does what is best for the business and ultimately for the fighters too. He built UFC into a multi-billion dollar company that is challenging NBA and NFL in popularity. The cage fighting business would be a fraction of what it is and Ngannou would be fighting in Bare Knucle if Dana didn't exist.

Stop crying you commies.
Bare Knuckle is bad ass. Don't tell me you wouldnt watch jon jones do it.

Idiot can't budget for shit and wasted money on shit he didn't need.

Between salary, performances of the night and Venum money, he got paid almost a million in a year.

And then the endorsements.

I'm all for bigger pay for those guys, but they seriously are doing something wrong if they can't afford a camp.

Dude made 730K for his Stipe fight.
If you are broke /cant pay for a training camp thats on him.
Not a comment on fighter pay.

His base salary for 260 was a reported 500k. And has a listed PPV bonus of 700k. Fighters should get a bigger share of the revenue, but if those numbers are close to reality he's thrown money away.
Silva and GSP were making around 5 million per fight a decade ago. But then again I guess Francis hasn't got PPV points on any of his fights yet since he just got the belt. UFC is stacking ppv's these days though so it can be good to be a champ.

Back