News Francis borrowing money for camp

i'll just go with Kevin Holland's take on fighter pay... it's a non-issue if you fight more than once a year. Francis is either horrifically bad with finances or is getting soaked by someone close to him.

Maybe he should book more first class fights for his pointless world tour vacation while having not gone to work for almost a year

I'm going with bad with money. Lots of people like him are terrible with money. Poor growing up, gets sudden fame, and makes dozens of times what he would have made at a regular job. Recipe for disaster.

Embarrassing for the UFC

Francis should not re-sign with the UFC whenever his contract is up and try his hand at boxing

He may fail miserably but his popularity will get him paid, I'd like to see him work his way up in boxing and fight some cans at the start

anti UFC posters are so pathetic and embarrassing.

love francis, but hes definitely made bank and if he wasted it thats on him.

i'll just go with Kevin Holland's take on fighter pay... it's a non-issue if you fight more than once a year. Francis is either horrifically bad with finances or is getting soaked by someone close to him.
My thoughts too. They can't be this bad with expenses. I can't believe these guys can't find a decent accountant to keep track of all their shit especially with all the money theyre making and shit they can write off.

How did all the fighters compete in the dark ages? They were getting paid peanuts and got the job done. These fighters now are acting like primadonna's. They are making way more money and if their gyms and trainers are over-charging they need to move on. It is not like this big gyms have some magical powers where you need to over-pay for training. This is more with fighters being poor with money management and just being whiners.

View attachment 884837

Another broke boy in the
U
Fight
Cheap
Organization expressing his financial concerns

Source:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/francis-ngannou-unhappy-having-to-borrow-money-for-training-camp/?fbclid=IwAR2OOxYpxDxZv93rEgra56sJpJrOgyFg4bBS4hc96YdVjBeUWgw_lxKtAUo&amp

Edit:
He's also feeling disrespected and discredited by the UFC-
“From what I’m seeing, the UFC is trying to discredit me. That’s what I know. And those promoting somebody cannot work together with discrediting him. You don’t do that to somebody that you want to promote,” said Ngannou.

“What do I look for? First of all, I look for some respect, that’s to start. Then I look to get stuff right, I look to feel like I’m respected, to feel like they care at least. That’s it. I never asked for anything more than that. That would be enough for me. … I gained the position that I am at,” Ngannou added. “I wasn’t nominated, I wasn’t assigned to be here, I earned it. So that means I deserve a little bit of respect, just a little bit. I’m not a big deal, just a little famous, that’s it. (Laughs).”
I saw the "La sueur" video... I am not even surprised

Fedor’s fight camps were running outside, push-ups , sit-ups and rusty kettlebells. His training partners were no name or low level fighters.

I won't argue that the UFC underpays their fighters.

But if Francis still can't afford to pay for a training camp right now, that's his own fault.
He made lot of investments that's why. Investing pay way more than MMA (and most sport)
Even me, I am money broke because I put all my money into investments

If he is making at least 1-2 mil per fight these days, obviously he should be pretty well off..

But is he making that much? Uncle Dana and his yacht payments.

Maybe he thinks he's not good enough for boxing. MMA seemed more of a realistic goal through his perspective I believe.
Harder to break into boxing. Easier if you come from mma and if you build a name in mma first. Boxing talent pool is deep. If you go straight into boxing it's a long road. You can short cut it by doing mma first and building a career there first then cross over to boxing.

Between salary, performances of the night and Venum money, he got paid almost a million in a year.

And then the endorsements.

I'm all for bigger pay for those guys, but they seriously are doing something wrong if they can't afford a camp.
It’s ridiculous

Francis could probably make more in one boxing exhibition than he's made his entire UFC career.

So, he should go do that when he's contractually able. Nobody forced him to sign with the UFC. Dana pays fighters what he thinks they're worth. If Francis thinks he can make more elsewhere, go do it.

Back