Media Francis and Zion

I don't but that's TS's argument in the OP and it's just wrong.

You can cleary see Ngannou's head is broader, and slightly bigger. Even if its by a bit is still makes a big difference. Probably Ngannou's head looks bigger because of his short neck. Zions neck is long which is a disadvantage. Would bet my house Ngannou has a better chin

No I get what you meant, I'm just saying the whole discussion of whether he's right or wrong about the guy's head isn't relevant. Predicting a guy's chin by how he looks comes from the same line of reasoning that phrenology does, and is just as much BS

Small head, long neck fighters tend to have weaker chins compared to guys with short thick necks and big wide heads. This is facts

No I get what you meant, I'm just saying the whole discussion of whether he's right or wrong about the guy's head isn't relevant. Predicting a guy's chin by how he looks comes from the same line of reasoning that phrenology does, and is just as much BS
Do I need to prove you wrong too?

Head size matters.

iu

CONFIRMED: TITO ORTIZ IS THE GOAT.

Why does Francis keep thinking he looks like Zion? They look nothing alike.

I feel like someone in Francis' management is pushing this so francis gets more famous.
They both ugly as fuck.

Small head, long neck fighters tend to have weaker chins compared to guys with short thick necks and big wide heads. This is facts

If it is "facts" then can you please provide a source?

And Zion absolutely has a tiny head when compared to the rest of his body, it is oddly disproportionate.

Do I need to prove you wrong too?

Head size matters.

iu

CONFIRMED: TITO ORTIZ IS THE GOAT.
There's a shitload of factors that goes into making a great chin...Im sure we don't know all the factors but head structure/size seems to be somewhat of a factor and having a big head seems to help.

Obviously head size isn't the only factor...traps/neck...hell maybe even the brain plays a role here(and who knows, how many other genetic factors)....so yeah, lots of variables.

A small headed person can still have a great chin, since like I said, there's a shitload of variables that go into making a good chin.

I say Wide face/Cheek Bones help alot.

There's a shitload of factors that goes into making a great chin...Im sure we don't know all the factors but head structure/size seems to be somewhat of a factor and having a big head seems to help.

Obviously head size isn't the only factor...traps/neck...hell maybe even the brain plays a role here(and who knows, how many other genetic factors)....so yeah, lots of variables.

A small headed person can still have a great chin, since like I said, there's a shitload of variables that go into making a good chin.

TBH I think the whole chin debate is a silly one.

People try to turn it into a scientific debate when there is no real science one way or another--yet. Sure physiology plays a role, so does strength training and learning how to take a punch to minimize the impact (aka roll with it, don't get hit clean, block, move out the way, etc). But the degree to which those matter is questionable at best.

I like a fighter who can take a punch, bite down and keep on fighting as much as the next guy but I don't think it should earn them a lot of points. That's reserved for not getting hit in the first place.

I'm kind of a hypocrite though because I do like "heart/toughness" in a fighter and it's basically the same thing (being able to bite down and fight through a big shot).

Vision/awarness/reflexes is another important factor in taking a shot...idc how big of a head/traps somebody has....if they get hit and don't expect the punch, is game over.

Usually guys with big wide heads, short thick necks have the best. Some guys have narrow heads like Diaz but his head is still big and his neck is really short and thick

Usually guys with big wide heads, short thick necks have the best. Some guys have narrow heads like Diaz but his head is still big and his neck is really short and thick
Nick or nate?
nate-and-nick-diaz.jpg

nick-diaz-ufc-1581.jpg

Nicks head looks somewhat narrow because he has a long face but his face/head is actually pretty wide just see the width of his cheek bones.

People with rounder faces always look wider than people with long faces but thats sometimes an optical illusion as Nick proved here.

Mark_Hunt_on_22_November_2007.jpg

Hunt for example...since he doesnt have a long face, looks very wide...I mean it is wide but if his face was slightly longer, it will make em look more narroe even though his face is wide.

Ngannou wouldn’t come close to touching Zion with anything

Zion is simply too big, too strong, too quick, too good

He would pick a lesser athlete like Francis apart n make it look easy.

Most people look bad when he punches them. Excellent assessment..
they both looked like shit, he beat old weathered versions of the best hws in the world. if they looked great his wins would mean more. im not convinced ngannou has improved at all. stipe probably whoops his ass again

Correlation is not causation. Look at the Diaz brothers. Look at Bigfoot. There are so many factors and a lot of them are unknown that go into determining a fighters chin.

Correlation is not causation. Look at the Diaz brothers. Look at Bigfoot. There are so many factors and a lot of them are unknown that go into determining a fighters chin.

Bigfoot has a narriw head, his neck is long and isnt that thick for heavyweight. Diaz brothers have big heads and short thickish necks for their weight class

Nick or nate?
nate-and-nick-diaz.jpg

nick-diaz-ufc-1581.jpg

Nicks head looks somewhat narrow because he has a long face but his face/head is actually pretty wide just see the width of his cheek bones.

People with rounder faces always look wider than people with long faces but thats sometimes an optical illusion as Nick proved here.

Mark_Hunt_on_22_November_2007.jpg

Hunt for example...since he doesnt have a long face, looks very wide...I mean it is wide but if his face was slightly longer, it will make em look more narroe even though his face is wide.

Nick has a wide face. Nate has a narrow head, but not long and narrow

they both looked like shit, he beat old weathered versions of the best hws in the world. if they looked great his wins would mean more. im not convinced ngannou has improved at all. stipe probably whoops his ass again

Cool

Back