Fractured toe

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by Justin23452, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Justin23452

Justin23452 Guest

is there a good way to tape up a fractured big toe? or anyway at all so it will hurt alittle less when kicking jumping or what not.

2. if you want it to heal, you'll probably need to stay off it, not tape it up and expect to be able to kick someone and not feel pain..

3. McFlown

McFlown Green Belt

if it is really fractured then it'll hurt like a motherfucker until it heals completely. keep off of it mang. it's probably the best thing to do if you want to continue doing what you're doing for a long time.

4. Justin23452

Justin23452 Guest

alright thanks guys, I fractured my tie beside my big toe on the other foot, and now that one cant bend and I feel pain in it still, been like 3 months or alittle more. Probly gonna be like that forever huh?

5. TapDG

TapDG Guest

Yea..yourt probably screwed..it may have healed incorrectly. Ive had many fractured toes..I usually stay off them a few weeks..let the doc tape em up

6. Spoonman7

Spoonman7 Red Belt

I get broken toes all the time, try to buddy tape it, meaning taping it to the toe next to it, that will take away a lot of pain, if the pain is too bad just take time off to let it heal.

7. i have a finger like this. it has bothered me for 4 years or so now. i'm getting it looked at again in about a month since the "ACL" of the joint below the knuckle is kind of missing.

these kind of things do tent to stay with you. i really dislike doing bjj with out wrestling shoes and kickboxing without some sort of footgear. toes are easier to get caught in the mat than fingers. :/

8. farmboy

farmboy Banned Banned

I broke a toe and it was months before I was able to kick without pain, again. And that was a small fracture.