fractured foot, cant run for 2 weeks, what should I do?

F

Fred_Fury

I need to lose about 10lbs A.S.A.P but I just found out my foot was fractured and my doctor told me I cant run for 2 weeks while it heals... that was my main way of losing weight, what can I do instead of running? My doctor said ride a bike but I dont have one and im too cheap to buy one.

Find a friend with a stationary bike, or go to a gym. Or you could cut off an arm.

You might try swimming if you have access to a pool. That might stress your foot too much, so start slow if you try it. Also, you could try more upper body and core exercises in circuit fashion to work on endurance for the rest of the body. Choose exercises where you don't put pressure on your foot: Pushups with the injured foot in the air, pullups (don't drop back down on the injury), pretty much any core work. You can easily get your conditioning in without stressing your foot.

If you have a decent sized gym in your area, they have other cardio machines that won't slam your foot. Depending on where the break is and whether or not you have a cast you can use the bike, eliptical or swim. If you can't use your foot at all, you can probably get on a rowing machine and only use one foot, or one of those machines that looks like a stationary bike but you pedal with your arms.

If you don't feel like joining a gym, you should be able to get a 1-2 week pass. It might cost a few bucks, but it's cheaper than buying a stationary bike.

Swim with a buoy between your legs. Buoys are those styrofoam flotation devices that are shaped like hourglasses. You get a good cardio and arm workout.

Bas Rutten Boxing workout, burpee conditioning, sledgehammer conditioning, diet

Swim, swim, swim. There's no impact, so you save your knees too. If your foot hurts, just use your arms, or go with the buoy idea listed above. If you can't get a workout doing that, swim faster.

Back