Fox Sports : "Didn't Daniel Cormier have the right to know"? Dana - "......No"

from the other thread

That is fucking fantastic. We should just post that video in response to every single dumb post made by Jones apologists.

What a fucking mess. The fucked up thing is the UFC and Dana White could come out of this thing smelling like roses if they'd just make a fucking stand and admit Jones violated the UFC's conduct policy, and punish him accordingly.

can someone clue me into this low testosterone stuff? If you get caught with abnormal levels, is there any way to test for the higher doses or way to make this right? JJ is either forever tarnished as a roider or he's clean. How could there be an in between?

Cormier was better off not knowing. It would only be a distraction to him.

That is fucking fantastic. We should just post that video in response to every single dumb post made by Jones apologists.

What a fucking mess. The fucked up thing is the UFC and Dana White could come out of this thing smelling like roses if they'd just make a fucking stand and admit Jones violated the UFC's conduct policy, and punish him accordingly.

lol - every time nate posts a pic of him smoking he's violating ufc conduct policy. fact is the ac fucked up with the test. punishing him for their fuckup is ridiculous. anyone taking a bump, or a hit is violating conduct policy. it's a safeguard. not something you enforce on an ac fuckup.

Nobody had a right to know. Cocaine isn't banned out of competition, and the NSAC wasn't supposed to test for it.

Dana and the UFC cared enough about JJ's well being, knowing he had a substance abuse problem, to let him prepare for fight to defend the title, with a months knowledge.

For a month, the UFC decided to keep the result quiet, apparently even to JJ, because the best the for him was to fight the way he had until that point.

IMHO, if the sanctioning body is justified for testing for anything, it should be testing for everything. As much as I disagree with the nannying of fighters with regards to rec. drugs, Jones should have forfeited ( or been stripped of) the title and gone straight to rehab to make an example and save face.

Actually, with medical privacy laws, and no regulations being broken (which is stupid as it seems like illegal drugs in your system should be a regulation), Cormier probably didn't have a right to know.

People can be mad or shocked but this is likely the right answer

Dana and the UFC cared enough about JJ's well being, knowing he had a substance abuse problem, to let him prepare for fight to defend the title, with a months knowledge.

For a month, the UFC decided to keep the result quiet, apparently even to JJ, because the best the for him was to fight the way he had until that point.

IMHO, if the sanctioning body is justified for testing for anything, it should be testing for everything. As much as I disagree with the nannying of fighters with regards to rec. drugs, Jones should have forfeited ( or been stripped of) the title and gone straight to rehab to make an example and save face.

the results were known on the 23rd, not the 4th.

the sanctioning body is justified in testing for what they are supposed to test for. forfeiting for not violating their rules is ridiculous.

:icon_lol: Now that's funny. Translation we have more assets invested in one guy thus everybody else take it up the you know what.

:icon_lol: Now that's funny. Translation we have more assets invested in one guy thus everybody else take it up the you know what.

or other guys failed the ac tests and jones didn't?

the results were known on the 23rd, not the 4th.

the sanctioning body is justified in testing for what they are supposed to test for. forfeiting for not violating their rules is ridiculous.

Ok fair enough, I thought they knew for a month.

I still think he's being given a far too easy ride in all this.

Cocaine in your system a month out , at least, who knows how close to the fight he was
using, and there's no penalty of any kind???

Talk about your snow in Vegas...

You understand that it's against the law to release someone's medical records without them giving consent, right?

You do understand that a drug test administered through an Athletic Commission is not part of any medical record.. It is a drug test, which by law, is public record. And I may add, the UFC was notified before Jones was even notified.

Cormier certainly didn't have a legal right to know. I don't think one can really argue that the UFC was morally obligated to tell Cormier, either. As a big fan of Cormier, I don't see much problem with the way the positive cocaine test was handled.

Ok fair enough, I thought they knew for a month.

I still think he's being given a far too easy ride in all this.

Cocaine in your system a month out , at least, who knows how close to the fight he was
using, and there's no penalty of any kind???

Talk about your snow in Vegas...

I'm curious...

Be honest - do you think that the fighters in the UFC who have yet to pop on something are completely drug-free?

The only violation here is of Jones' privacy, really. They were not supposed to test for the cocaine. They apparently never test for it out of competition. If the AC had operated as per usual, this would have never happened. But they messed up, and delivered a present to Sherdog in a neat little b(l)ow.

I can guaran-damn-tee you that Jones is not the only fighter in the UFC to have had some off-season (or mid-season) fun. He's not even the first LHW Champion to be notorious for partying. The AC exposed a part of Jones' personal life that it had no business doing.

Also DC didn't need to know, and his CIR came back fine so knowing about his levels wouldn't have changed a thing.

And still...

Funny this is.. How many assume this is an isolated incident in regards to Jones being a rare athlete who uses drugs other then weed, in the UFC or the first time a UFC contracted athlete has tested positive for banned substance out of competition. Only thing wrong in all of this is ZUFFA not enforcing its Code Of Conduct Policy, when by doing so, would have set a huge example and would have found applause from others who are not a fan of the sport.

Back