Fox reportedly on verge of splitting FX into two channels, creating "FXX"

boltport

Blue Belt
Reaction score
http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-wa...eries-tries-to-go-legit-in-warm-new-fx-comedy

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...ntertainment-network-20130115,0,1751598.story

- Fox is getting rid of Fox Soccer channel because (a) Fox has lost the rights to the English Premiere League and (b) Speed is becoming Fox Sports channel.

- Fox is may transform Fox Soccer into what is being called "FXX" or "FX2".

- FXX is apparently going to be a 'younger' FX, and going to be the new home of FX shows such as It's Always Sunny.

- This may happen in Sept. 2013

- No indication of what this would mean for TUF or UFC on FX.

- Meanwhile, Fuel is allegedly set to become Fox Sports 2 in 2013, with no indication of what that might mean for UFC on Fuel.

- The reach of these stations is as follows:
-- FX (FX1) is 100m homes. (about the same as Spike)
-- Speed (Fox Sports) is in 79m US homes.
-- Fox Soccer (FXX/FX2) is in nearly 40m US homes.
-- Fuel TV (Fox Sports 2) is in more than 36m homes.

In terms of eyeballs, the best case scenario for UFC viewers is obviously to stay on FX. But it seems unlikely, in my view, that UFC would stay on FX if its millennial generation viewers are being shifted, some shows are being transferred, and they are creating two dedicated cable sports channels that are going to have a schedule to fill.

In terms of fitting the content of the network, it makes the most sense to send the UFC to Fox Sports, 1 and 2.

It should be noted that the number of people who get Fox Soccer (FXX) should be expected to grow pretty quick. A lot of people will be annoyed if they don't get It's Always Sunny and the like.

My guess is TUF 18 wont be on FX. We'll see.

I hope its not their equivalent to MTV 2.

This all sounds so stupid. I can't believe the business giants that run Fox think this will be a good idea...

They aren't going to pay all that money for the UFC and only have good shows on Fox. FX is a channel with a lot of viewership, regardless of how many homes it is in, a show on one of these other channels, even Speed, will do much much lower numbers than on FX. Ratings are ratings.

As long as it is in my DirecTV package, I couldn't care less. I still get my UFC that way.

I would. I prefer woman who are slightly (read: much more) less manish.

so you're saying you don't prefer women who could kick your ass.

guess you'll be alone forever.

I'm a weirdo. I buy the ppv on my xbox and I don't have cable so I find other ways to watch the "Free" cards

not sure what will happen... interesting...

This is dumb, they are going to lose money on this, I can feel it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back