Fox analyst advantage?- DC, bisping, Woodley, Cruz

jcow3

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
4 current champions who are also analysts- I personally doubt that this is just a coincidence.

There must be a major upside to constantly analyzing fights and potential opponents, and it's very interesting to see how the sport is evolving. I definitely think Cruz deserves some credit for being one of the first high profile champions to popularize the analyst approach- he has always prided himself on his movement and intelligence.

What're your guys thoughts?
Just a coincidence or is there an analyst advantage ?

1408.gif

Cormier is only the champion because Jones is a massive fuck up and Bisping is only champion because Rockhold thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I'll never understand how they decide who gets these gigs. Cormier and Bisping are both annoying as hell.

People are quick to dismiss things like this, but it makes perfect sense. Plus actual technique and gameplanning takes away from the bs A-level athlete stuff so many people think around here. Anyone can throw a punch, but that doesn't make you a fighter, let alone a mixed martial artist.

Non of them are credible champs. Bisping is the best out of the bunch.

Cormier is only the champion because Jones is a massive fuck up and Bisping is only champion because Rockhold thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Still champions bud. May want to consider relaxing on the whole grasping at straws thing.

But Thompson sometimes fills in at the desk, so for Woodley-Wonderboy...who gets the analyst advantage?

Still champions bud. May want to consider relaxing on the whole grasping at straws thing.

No one is grasping at straws, it's facts.

Rockhold toyed with Bisping in their first fight but got far too big headed and exposed his glass jaw and lack of boxing, dude does not react well to getting hit, that was obvious when Weidman kicked him in the body and he ran away from him.

And Cormier was soundly beat by Jones in their first fight and would have definitely lost the rematch had Jones been allowed to fight, he couldn't even finish an out of shape fighter who took the fight on two days notice.

I'll never understand how they decide who gets these gigs. Cormier and Bisping are both annoying as hell.

cormier is a tool.
hes on a very thin line of having his blackcard revoked.

the most annoying person on t.v. wants to be cool so bad. but just cant cut it.

Back