Fowlkes nails it yet again (GSP v Diaz)

Agreed it'll be pretty awesome... For GSP fans.

Diaz fans eh not so much.

it is going to be a bad night for Mr "FUCK YOUR MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dana has said the only reason its being made is because GSP "asked for it"

What happens if GSP asks for Colton Smith? Are they going to set that match up?

So condit deserved it. Hendricks deserves it. Diaz lost to condit by a nut hair close decision and all of a sudden he is comparable to Colton smith? Gfy

Why is everybody making this stupid fuckin point about "Diaz is coming off a loss" stfu... This fight will be great... And the "loss" was about as close as a "loss" can be.... I'm pretty sure a whole lot of professionals and experts had Diaz winning...,,

You're talking about "judges" here.... Cecil people's is a judge.... That texts ring girls during fights.... So I don't want to hear this bullshit.... If you watched condit Diaz and can tell me with a straight face condit undoubtably won that fight and there was not a case for Diaz... I'm going to ask you to please take your crazy pills.

Anyone who thinks Diaz has a snowballs chance in hell is delusional. Maybe if Diaz had 1 punch KO power he'd have a punchers chance. But he throws with less power than MM.

Good point.. How bad would it be if they pass on Hendricks for Diaz and he no shows again..

There's a reason Hendricks is on the same card. If anything happens, which I hope and don't think will happen this time, they will get Hendricks to fill the spot. Then there's always the possibility it happens so close to the fight that Gsp pulls a Jon Jones and says it's not enough time for him to be prepared.

With all of these injuries and other crazy stuff, nothing will surprise me.

I really don't see how anyone can think this fight is gonna be awesome.

GSP is not going to play Diaz's game. He's gonna do what GSP does, win a 50-45 decision.

Diaz doesn't have to tools to stop him. At least with Johnny you can always hope he can catch GSP with a punch and KO him with Diaz you've got nothing.

The UFC is at a point where you can't excuse giving guys shots at the belt when they are coming of a loss. You are basically admitting that MMA is not an legit sport, where there are people who move up the ranks and the best fight the best.

They did it with Chael and they are doing it with Diaz. At least Chael can sell the fight, I doubt Diaz does anything for ppv money.

Until Nick can't fight because of (enter reason here) and Hendricks steps in

68795_448124841904166_22110802_n.jpg

^^found on Reddit^^

Bottom line is that complaining about the fight taking place won't change anything. Sit back, crack open a cold one and watch GSP put a beating on Diaz. That's what it's all about, right?

Bottom line is that complaining about the fight taking place won't change anything. Sit back, crack open a cold one and watch GSP put a beating on Diaz. That's what it's all about, right?

Lol nicely put, and I'm a Diaz fan.
So hopefully I can crack a cold one, light a fat one and watch Diaz at least make it a war.

Nah.
It won't be awesome. It'lll be GSP/Condit minus the headkick. Diaz can't kick. Its gonna be a brawler getting taken down at will, bruised up and retiring after the fight, probably.

I'd love Diaz to do it, but it's not happening. Condit is a more versatile Diaz.

I wanted to see GSP facing a wrestler with one-shot KO power.

i agree with fowlkes, but it isn't a problem. this sport is entertainment also, my frens. is no problem bro.

I really don't feel a need to see this fight. It'll be somewhat fun to watch but it's going to be a one sided beating.

I'd rather see GSP fight Hendricks he can stuff some of GSP's TDs and always has the threat of his huge power.

I really don't feel a need to see this fight. It'll be somewhat fun to watch but it's going to be a one sided beating.

I'd rather see GSP fight Hendricks he can stuff some of GSP's TDs and always has the threat of his huge power.

Hendricks is extremely flatfooted and his cardio is in question though (round 3 of the Koscheck fight is a classic example of that)

GSP would easily tool him 50-45

He made some very solid points. The UFC itself tries to create a hype for lower tier fights by saying ''If he wins again he will get a top 10 opponent'' and stuff like that, or hype a Fuel/FX headliner like ''The winner is clearly in the mix/winner is contender #1''

And themselves they totally trash that system at their own convenience. As a fan, its hard to keep up with that. If you accept Diaz vs GSP as legitimate you also have to accept that Siver vs Swanson COULD very well be a meaningless fight as the winner might not get a titleshot within the next 2 years even if he continues to rack up wins?

I'm sick of people telling me how to feel about this fight. It's BS that this fight is happening and nobody will ever convince me otherwise. The reason everybody seems to be giving is "there were never any rules to determine title shots to begin with" or some garbage variation on that. I may or may not agree with there are no set rules, but maybe it's time we start having reasonable guidelines or rules and not garbage like this guy sure can mouth off and use twitter let's give him a title fight.
Please keep the pro-wrestling out of MMA.
Diaz doesn't deserve the fight.
Hendrick deserves the fight.

Chill out... it's going to be a good fight. Then Hendricks will have his shot like everybody else on the line... no doubt. Why so pissed off about it?

Title shots after losses are just plain old bad for the sport. Fighters are suposed to climb up the ladder to a title shot, not fall down the ladder to a title shot!

As much as I'm looking forward to the fight, I have to agree.

It's decisions like this that confirm the UFC is a business, and that MMA isn't a legitimate 'sport'...

Last edited:
Dana has said the only reason its being made is because GSP "asked for it"

What happens if GSP asks for Colton Smith? Are they going to set that match up?

The only thing that would make that better is if Colton asked for GSP and they set it up.

Fowlkes is right though, it will be awesome. Please Nick, train hard.

Because we like to reward bad behavior.

I will admit, as much as I dislike Nick, putting him in against GSP is good business. Nick is compelling, and it will sell. The controversy from top to bottom will boost revenue.

I wonder if Nick will screw it all up again by running away.

I don't really buy into the idea of Diaz/GSP being this great draw. GSP himself is a draw and any fight he's in is going to sell. Yeah it might make for a fun countdown or primetime show, but I see very little if anything special about this fight

Diaz is a top guy and he was supposed to get a title shot before, he fucked it up, and he's still talked about GSP and GSP still wants to fight him. I hate how people talk out of their ass on here sometimes.

Diaz was ultimately proven unworthy of a title shot when he lost to Condit. Fortunately for Diaz he was able to get under GSP's skin enough to get gifted another title shot. The first one was only because GSP beat all the real contenders anyway

Back