Four years ago today is the last time Conor McGregor won a fight at LW.

You really don’t like to answer questions do you? I posed a few questions and all you did was not address it.

Is it difficult to have a discussion without making it personal? Was anything I said out of left field?
It’s not personal, I don’t know you and have nothing against you as a poster. I’ve liked your posts, we’ve agreed and had cordial chats. Chill homey :)

You’re either paid by the someone to post or you’re VERY pro UFC in your posts. So you’re just a big fan?

I don’t think the post I responded to had questions? I know you’re having multiple conversations so no worries.

1 win at LW and it was 4 years ago. Unless you use the UFC model of just making it up, it makes no sense to me.

It’s not personal, I don’t know you and have nothing against you as a poster. I’ve liked your posts, we’ve agreed and had cordial chats. Chill homey :)

You’re either paid by the someone to post or you’re VERY pro UFC in your posts. So you’re just a big fan?

I don’t think the post I responded to had questions? I know you’re having multiple conversations so no worries.

1 win at LW and it was 4 years ago. Unless you use the UFC model of just making it up, it makes no sense to me.
did my comment seem like a paid comment? it's stupid and offensive to imply. it really is. sorry.

i'm more anti negative and anti-conspiracy than pro-ufc. i try not to shit on fighters and i try to assess things rationally. and importantly i try to understand why things are the way they are and don't automatically throw a temper tantrum like alot of posters do. alot of the issues i have with other posters are the ones who see conspiracy and evil everywhere and can't accept a viewpoint that doesn't simply parrot them.

if you don't think conor "deserves" his ranking that's fine, it really doesn't matter to me. if you think conor should be fighting other unranked fighters then i'd just say that's not reality nor should it be. other than that i don't see how it matters or why people get upset about it.

As a Conor fan, it's a fucking joke he's still even ranked at this point.

1 sole win over Eddie Alvarez 4 years ago shouldn't keep you in the top5 at LW....

Oh for fuck's sake, the UFC rankings are full of shit.

Everyone knows that.

Hell, even after Shields beat Maia, the UFC still ranked Maia ahead of Shields, cause Dana White doesn't like Jake Shields.

Dana calls the shots.
- He allows the media members to voice an opinion, as long as he agrees with it, otherwise he literally bans you.

Sherdog rankings are more legit

Isn't that like saying Liberace is straighter than Elton John?

A Sherdog ranking turd with less corn than a UFC ranking turd is still a turd.

did my comment seem like a paid comment? it's stupid and offensive to imply. it really is. sorry.

i'm more anti negative and anti-conspiracy than pro-ufc. i try not to shit on fighters and i try to assess things rationally. and importantly i try to understand why things are the way they are and don't automatically throw a temper tantrum like alot of posters do. alot of the issues i have with other posters are the ones who see conspiracy and evil everywhere and can't accept a viewpoint that doesn't simply parrot them.

if you don't think conor "deserves" his ranking that's fine, it really doesn't matter to me. if you think conor should be fighting other unranked fighters then i'd just say that's not reality nor should it be. other than that i don't see how it matters or why people get upset about it.
I didn’t mean to offend you. I’m talking about your post history rather than that specific post. I know you’re anti-conspiracy, that’s where we have agreed. I think you’re very pro UFC, to the point where I shake my head at you at times. If you’re saying that’s for different reasons than I implied, I’ll take you at face value while also acknowledging we’re talking on the internet.

I certainly don’t think he deserves his ranking. I didn’t say anything about him fighting unranked fighters did I? You’re off on one there, maybe you’re confusing me with someone else again? I’d put him in with anyone but the champ or number one contender and rank him accordingly if he wins. None of that ever happened though. 1 fight, 4 years ago.

And I’m not sure who you’re referring to but I’m not upset. All good here Kflo.

I didn’t mean to offend you. I’m talking about your post history rather than that specific post. I know you’re anti-conspiracy, that’s where we have agreed. I think you’re very pro UFC, to the point where I shake my head at you at times. If you’re saying that’s for different reasons than I implied, I’ll take you at face value while also acknowledging we’re talking on the internet.

I certainly don’t think he deserves his ranking. I didn’t say anything about him fighting unranked fighters did I? You’re off on one there, maybe you’re confusing me with someone else again? I’d put him in with anyone but the champ or number one contender and rank him accordingly if he wins. None of that ever happened though. 1 fight, 4 years ago.

And I’m not sure who you’re referring to but I’m not upset. All good here Kflo.

if you shake your head about a post, ask me about it......

like i said, if people don't think he deserves his ranking, i have no problem with that. but if you then want to argue it means anything then that's where we'd differ. sounds like you don't agree with his ranking but despite that have no issue with him fighting top guys in his division and in the title picture with the other top contenders. some want to try to argue he shouldn't even be fighting in big fights....

if you shake your head about a post, ask me about it......

like i said, if people don't think he deserves his ranking, i have no problem with that. but if you then want to argue it means anything then that's where we'd differ. sounds like you don't agree with his ranking but despite that have no issue with him fighting top guys in his division and in the title picture with the other top contenders. some want to try to argue he shouldn't even be fighting in big fights....
Fair enough.

And yeah we pretty much agree. He should be unranked, but his talent and standing in the division easily warrants a big fight. As long as it’s not the title shot without winning a match first then I’m cool. They can’t fuck everyone over Conor, especially not when it’s proven he won’t be churning out title defences again and again. One win, 4 years ago yes, but former title holder and cash cow Conor, yeah big fights all the way.

edit - and I’m very very drunk, if whatever is whatever, then there it is

Rankings dont mean shit. Just a dumb marketing tool. Everyone knows that Conor is still one of the best strikers in MMA. Dustin has improved but he doesn't have the attributes to challenge him. Dustin can not outbox, outbrawl, or even outwrestle Conor. There is no path to victory for him in the early rounds.
Your last sentence says it all, though. Dustin has been in a few tough 5 rounders lately. Conrat spent 40 seconds in the cage over the last two years. He's a terrible matchup for Dustin, but past those first two rounds, he'll most likely be at least a bit gassed and much less of a threat in terms of speed and power.

I've read through the rest of the thread so I see your point. But fact is that Conor is fighting the #2 ranked guy in the division and it's essentially a #1 contender fight for the belt. Perhaps Conor's ranking at #4 is questionable considering he hasn't won a fight there since 2016. However, fact can't be denied that he's still at the top considering who he's fighting. So yah, people can still talk about him like he's at the top because.......he is lol.

but he's not fighting for the #1 spot based on merit. he's getting any fight he wants because of his popularity, not because of what he's done in the past 4 years.

saying he's at the top because he's fighting a top guy now does make sense, i agree... but did you also consider him to be a top boxer because he fought floyd?

not that any of it matters, he could blast poirier into next week and immediately be back in the mix. but i'm not exactly holding my breath over it, seeing how he's been handling his career since 2016.

Reactions: JKS
but he's not fighting for the #1 spot based on merit. he's getting any fight he wants because of his popularity, not because of what he's done in the past 4 years.

saying he's at the top because he's fighting a top guy now does make sense, i agree... but did you also consider him to be a top boxer because he fought floyd?

not that any of it matters, he could blast poirier into next week and immediately be back in the mix. but i'm not exactly holding my breath over it, seeing how he's been handling his career since 2016.

And in MMA which is as much promotion as it is sport, the popularity counts for being at the top. I think the way I wrote my post you know that I don't think Conor is up there with performance. And yes, he blasts Poirier which is very likely he will and he's right up there at the top.

There are some differences between the Floyd fight and this fight. First, no one expected Conor to win the fight and pretty much everyone knew he would lose. There were no actual rankings or titles on the line. We knew what this fight was more than anything and it was a spectacle. Conor had no boxing on his record so no one considered him a top boxer. So those are the differences. Here you have a fight that he's favored, in a division and sport that he's proven to be very successful. I mean the idea of Conor KO'ing Poirier and then fighting Gaethje or Tony for the belt and winning that is not farfetched, in fact, I think it's the likely scenario.

Back