Four years ago today is the last time Conor McGregor won a fight at LW.

normal rules and procedures do not apply to Conor, stop pretending otherwise

This and Khamzat fighting Leon Edwards are perfect examples that rankings truly don’t matter, they’re just a media talking point

And you don’t think it makes sense that they consider him amongst the top fighters?
considering his only two fights in the past 4 years have been against khabib who mopped the floor with him, and a shop worn cowboy who he whooped, no, i don't think it makes sense that anyone considers him a top fighter. do you consider him a top welterweight? based on his victories over nate diaz and cowboy cerrone at that weight? do you consider him a top lightweight? based on him blasting eddie alvarez out of the fucking water 4 years ago, then getting smashed by khabib?

conor has the ability to be a top fighter, sure. but he sure as fuck isn't one right now. he's spent the last few years drinking, banging hoes, doing blow, and punching old geezers in bars.

considering his only two fights in the past 4 years have been against khabib who mopped the floor with him, and a shop worn cowboy who he whooped, no, i don't think it makes sense that anyone considers him a top fighter. do you consider him a top welterweight? based on his victories over nate diaz and cowboy cerrone at that weight? do you consider him a top lightweight? based on him blasting eddie alvarez out of the fucking water 4 years ago, then getting smashed by khabib?

conor has the ability to be a top fighter, sure. but he sure as fuck isn't one right now. he's spent the last few years drinking, banging hoes, doing blow, and punching old geezers in bars.

So bet the house on Dustin then by that logic.

But you won't because you know Conor is going to smack him around again.

All talk.

So bet the house on Dustin then by that logic.

But you won't because you know Conor is going to smack him around again.

All talk.
by what logic? by the logic of him having absolutely no case to be made for a top ranking?

he very well could light dustin up... or he could get lit up himself. which is the entire fucking point here.

by what logic? by the logic of him having absolutely no case to be made for a top ranking?

he very well could light dustin up... or he could get lit up himself. which is the entire fucking point here.

Rankings dont mean shit. Just a dumb marketing tool. Everyone knows that Conor is still one of the best strikers in MMA. Dustin has improved but he doesn't have the attributes to challenge him. Dustin can not outbox, outbrawl, or even outwrestle Conor. There is no path to victory for him in the early rounds.

He's not, especially not in the first two rounds. Dustin can not outbox or outbrawl Conor. There is no path to victory for him in the early rounds.
so you'll be betting the house on conor, i imagine?

We can acct bet if you would like.
i imagine you'll make a lot more betting your house, mate.

surely that's what you're doing, seeing as we all know conor is going to smack him around and you not being all talk, unlike the rest of us.

i imagine you'll make a lot more betting your house, mate.

surely that's what you're doing, seeing as we all know conor is going to smack him around and you not being all talk, unlike the rest of us.

Quack quack.

I consider conor one of the best lw’s in the world and he probably would be a betting favorite against all of them. He’s already favored against Dustin. He didn’t fight that long ago and he looked pretty good. We’ll see how good he is against dustin. But of course it’s not at all strange that he’s fighting other top lw’s.

He’s pretty good, and fits in pretty well with the top lw’s, no?

Would you prefer he was unranked and fighting other unranked fighters?
You really do parrot the UFC line huh? 1 win, 4 years ago, crazy to be ranked.

Just wait til he finally signs to fight someone. This place gets unbearable when he has a fight coming up. Then he gets his ass whooped and this place gets real quiet. It becomes an MMA utopia for real discussions in comparison.

And that's easy to explain. A high majority of his "fans" are trend following, fad following metrosexual hipsters that can't get their day started without a Starbucks latte with a little bit of soy on top, that don't follow MMA, only McGregor. When he's about to fight, they are full of energy. After he fights, especially when he loses, they go on to the next pop culture topic in the headlines.

You joined today, so how would you have an understanding of how sherdog reacts to Conor pre and post fight?

It's the exact opposite actually. After the Khabib Conor fight, the website literally crashed because of the traffic / posts. That's not "quiet" at all. People made threads about that fight for months on end, and even up to now.

After the Cerrone fight there were about 20 threads per hour saying the fight was "fixed".

This forum is mostly full of morons who obsess over fighters they hate (not only Conor), it's not about "MMA utopia" LOL. That had to be the most inaccurate post I've seen in a while but it's all good, there's a lot of delusion when it comes to the topic of McGregor or even Khabib.

what i find more fascinating is that people still talk about him like he's at the top.

I've read through the rest of the thread so I see your point. But fact is that Conor is fighting the #2 ranked guy in the division and it's essentially a #1 contender fight for the belt. Perhaps Conor's ranking at #4 is questionable considering he hasn't won a fight there since 2016. However, fact can't be denied that he's still at the top considering who he's fighting. So yah, people can still talk about him like he's at the top because.......he is lol.

You really do parrot the UFC line huh? 1 win, 4 years ago, crazy to be ranked.
You really don’t like to answer questions do you? I posed a few questions and all you did was not address it.

Is it difficult to have a discussion without making it personal? Was anything I said out of left field?

be a better poster than that.

Last edited:
You joined today, so how would you have an understanding of how sherdog reacts to Conor pre and post fight?

It's the exact opposite actually. After the Khabib Conor fight, the website literally crashed because of the traffic / posts. That's not "quiet" at all. People made threads about that fight for months on end, and even up to now.

After the Cerrone fight there were about 20 threads per hour saying the fight was "fixed".

This forum is mostly full of morons who obsess over fighters they hate (not only Conor), it's not about "MMA utopia" LOL. That had to be the most inaccurate post I've seen in a while but it's all good, there's a lot of delusion when it comes to the topic of McGregor or even Khabib.
This is what I hate about you ignorant pussy casuals in Sherdog, dude I've had accounts on here older than you probably are lol! And you're 100% wrong all across the board. The fanboys went into hiding. Only a few of you morons actually showed your face, and even then you were classless and made ample excuses. Believe me I was here lol. Casual ass newb. The 2 year old account you have is probably the only account you've ever had, talking about me joining today lol. I've forgotten more about this site before they left VBulletin, back in the old days where you actually had to be verified by a moderator before you were approved.

I've read through the rest of the thread so I see your point. But fact is that Conor is fighting the #2 ranked guy in the division and it's essentially a #1 contender fight for the belt. Perhaps Conor's ranking at #4 is questionable considering he hasn't won a fight there since 2016. However, fact can't be denied that he's still at the top considering who he's fighting. So yah, people can still talk about him like he's at the top because.......he is lol.
And Conor is favored and no one is saying it’s crazy conor is favored.

Reactions: JKS
And Conor is favored and no one is saying it’s crazy conor is favored.

Rightfully so Conor is favored. People know regardless of ranking Conor is still a top LW and likely will finish Poirier.

Back