Four year old beheaded in Moscow "for unknown reason"

"The nanny faces up to 20 years in jail if she is deemed psychologically fit to stand trial."

Awesome. You behead a toddler and you get "up to" 20 years. Why would anyone be proud of beheading an innocent child, and why would the punishment not be life in prison?
women dont get life in prison in Russia.

Yes he was brutal and did shit things but are the people worse or better off or the same since he was gotten rid of.
Maybe read what I posted and tell me.
Iran has made commendable strides in many areas since the 1979 Islamic Revolution. From 1980 to 2012, Iran’s Human Development Index (HDI) value — which takes into account lifespan, access to education and standard of living — increased by 67%, a rate of growth that was twice the global average. As of 2012, Iran’s HDI value sat at 0.742, which put the country into the “high human development category.” Access to electricity and piped water in rural areas, life expectancy, infant mortality and access to health care have all markedly improved. The literacy rate, which stood at 36% in 1976 and at just 25% for females, stands at 99% for males and females ages 15-24. Tertiary education has also never been so widely attainable by the Iranian population, with more than 2 million Iranian students enrolled at a university, over 60% of whom are women.

Iran has also made many advances in the sciences as well: it has indigenously mastered the nuclear cycle and ranks in the top 10 countries in stem cell and cloning research; in the top 20 nations in nanotechnology, chemistry, medicine, computer science and mathematics; is the ninth country in the world with a full space program that successfully puts satellites into orbit; and is the first manufacturer in the world of eye bio-implants. Last but not least, Iran today is self-sufficient in building submarines, helicopters, fighter jets, missiles and tanks.
This is not to deny the corruption and political repression in Iran today but its clear that they have progressed in very real and meaningful ways. So in fact there is a good argument that they are better if you feel that infant mortality, life expectancy, literacy rates, and access to healthcare, higher education, running water, and electricity are valid measures.

Gross. I wonder what inspired the preferred choice of murder? It seems there are no reasonable connections to be made.

Maybe read what I posted and tell me.

This is not to deny the corruption and political repression in Iran today but its clear that they have progressed in very real and meaningful ways. So in fact there is a good argument that they are better if you feel that infant mortality, life expectancy, literacy rates, and access to healthcare, higher education, running water, and electricity are valid measures.

I don't see them as better now, not really worse by much.

I don't see them as better now, not really worse by much.
You don't see them as better even though they have universal literacy, higher life expectancy, lower infant mortality rates, and better access to running water, electricity, higher education, and healthcare? And this opinion is based on what again? One picture from the 70s of privileged urban girls showing their legs compared to pictures of hijabs today? What a superficial way to judge the situation.

I don't want to minimize the daily indignity of women forced to wear the hijab like they're school children and the myriad of other day to day instances of oppression in that country but the defense of the Western inclined dictators simply because they presented us a more palatable picture of a specific segment of society(while neglecting large swathes of it and plundering the country's wealth for their own benefit) is a cheap cliche that's thrown around often. In some cases it might have merit(e.g. Bourguiba & Ataturk) but in the case of Iran it most definitely does not.

You don't see them as better even though they have universal literacy, higher life expectancy, lower infant mortality rates, and better access to running water, electricity, higher education, and healthcare? And this opinion is based on what again? One picture from the 70s of privileged urban girls showing their legs compared to pictures of hijabs today? What a superficial way to judge the situation.

I don't want to minimize the daily indignity of women forced to wear the hijab like they're school children and the myriad of other day to day instances of oppression in that country but the defense of the Western inclined dictators simply because they presented us a more palatable picture of a specific segment of society(while neglecting large swathes of it and plundering the country's wealth for their own benefit) is a cheap cliche that's thrown around often. In some cases it might have merit but in the case of Iran it most definitely does not.

So do you have links to this rise in living that are substantiated.

It not just the dress but they actually have less freedoms, not by much but it's there.

So do you have links to this rise in living that are substantiated.
The link I posted earlier sources its claim, go read it.
It not just the dress but they actually have less freedoms, not by much but it's there.
Maybe take your own advice and substantiate this claim because its really vague. What freedoms specifically are denied now that weren't under the Shah? Was the country really substantially more free when it was under the threat of the Shah's secret police?

Poor little fella. Wouldn't be surprised if this woman ends up dead regardless of the legal outcome. Russians are good at that.

Nothing to see here folks, this is a classic case of workplace violence. They kid probably should have been aborted anyway.

RIP to the kid.

Hiring a burka to watch your children, though?

I'm not going to lie; when I was very little and my family lived in Egypt in the mid-80s, our nanny was Muslim (and by all accounts a wonderful person), but she was not a burka-wearing one.

Perhaps that's the difference these days.

So funny...
even though most of these are because you don't understand the new testament.

i want to discuss your retort to #5

5) repaying evil with evil - 9/11 happened. Massacred the entire middle east. yeh christianity responds with kindness

did the USA go the the middle east in the name of christianity? or did they go to the middle east because were attacking the country?

i'm not even a believer in any religion but to compare christianity to islam is a fucking joke

Name one negative aspect of islam that doesn't apply to christianity.
Screenshot-221-300x287.png

The whole Islam - Christianity equivocation is so played out and obviously false, I'm almost embarrassed for anyone that honestly tries to present it as a legit argument in a thread.

Not a terrorist attack. Just a pathetic, worthless bitch taking out her demons on a defenceless child. Put a round in her head and throw the corpse to pigs.
This is my initial feelings, too. The beheading is definitely inspired by Islam, but the killing of the child seems more like a psychotic bitch.

A civilized nation would burn this bitch at the stake.

Might be something to do with the western world that they're in that state in the first place? no?

No, not really.

The Western world stems from Greek philosophy and culture. Our trajectory, whilst punctuated with all sorts of problems, is based on rational thought, the freedom of the individual and democracy. This has been moving since the ancients to this very day. The net result is that the West produces nearly all the world's science, technology, human rights, wealth and more. The Arab world has not moved in the same direction and this has been going on for well over a thousand years. They've produced practically nothing of value to the world for that time. Focussing on a few 20th century political interventions, however misguided, is missing the big picture.

There are Eastern countries that are either direct products of Western culture or have borrowed heavily from them: Japan, S.Korea, Israel and now China to name a few, and they are successful. In fact how successful they are is pretty much in proportion to how much of the West they took on board. Western culture is vastly superior in nearly every way. Sure we whine about minor details and moan that we're all "going to hell in a progressive handcart" but even that self-analysis and self-criticism is part of the formula that makes us successful. The Arab world doesn't value individual thought. The individual is told they must think like the culture not the other way around. Their extreme conservatism makes them look backwards as an answer rather than forwards.

Their culture is doomed and enlightened Arabs have known this for years. They might pull of some terrorist attacks, build some mosques and cause us trouble for decades but they are still doomed in the long term. It's the death throws of a culture that simply cannot compete. If you think of the rich Arab nations - where is their weath from? Oil - and they needed Western technology to get it out of the ground and Western markets to buy it. Even their main source of income is totally dependent on the West. Without oil what do they have? Cheap labour for innovative Western companies is about all.

They can adopt our ways AND stay Muslim AND still have all the benefits. They're not mutually incompatible per se. There are plenty of happy, respectful, rich Muslims in the West and there could be more if they'd drop the culture that hangs off the back of the religion.

The link I posted earlier sources its claim, go read it.

Maybe take your own advice and substantiate this claim because its really vague. What freedoms specifically are denied now that weren't under the Shah? Was the country really substantially more free when it was under the threat of the Shah's secret police?

This is an opinion article but provides links in the article.

He does not give credit so some of the better things that has happened but other sources gloss over the bad things and how they have traded one oppressor for just a new one.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...an-then-and-33-years-after-the-revoltion.html

Back