Four fighters with no wiki pages have each won $1,000,000 in the PFL today.

Oh wow that's pretty cool. Yeah I remember back in the day every mma fighter would get a wiki page. I knew they clamped down recently but good to see them start to give Bellator fighters a shot.
It's still a giant pet peeve of mine even if they've finally given Bellator top promotion status. It basically means guys like Ray Cooper, Natan Schulte, AAA, Rustam Kerimov, Magomed Ismailov etc will never have wiki pages. Case in point the TS people literally use wiki pages as a gage of how talented a fighter is. It just helps fuel the casual perception that the UFC is the only thing that matters in MMA.

It's still a giant pet peeve of mine even if they've finally given Bellator top promotion status. It basically means guys like Ray Cooper, Natan Schulte, AAA, Rustam Kerimov, Magomed Ismailov etc will never have wiki pages. Case in point the TS people literally use wiki pages as a gage of how talented a fighter is. It just helps fuel the casual perception that the UFC is the only thing that matters in MMA.
It used to be much worse, it used to be that the only way to have a wiki page was fighting in the UFC three times

Yeah I agree it's very shitty because it's not necessarily based on talent but moreso where you fight, which isn't always the most accurate assessment of talent in mma. I think organizations like PFL and ACA will just have to continue to stage events year after year until they reach a level where Wikipedia will have to accept them the same way they are doing Bellator next year. Took Bellator 13 years to get that crazy enough.

It used to be much worse, it used to be that the only way to have a wiki page was fighting in the UFC three times
Yeah I know. It still is that way on the men's side as of right now even though there are pending changes. It's already there on the women's side which is cool. It's ridiculous that Invicta had top promotion status for women but Bellator didn't until 2021. Just a total lack of understanding on the editors part of what each promotion's place is in the ecosystem.

It's no consolation, but at least Ray Cooper III gets mentioned on his dad's wiki page.

How many fights to win the tournament? What did they get paid for the previous fights in the tournament?

From what I've read the get a normal fight contract pay per fight, then if you win everything it's 1 million -what they've already paid out.

I have no idea about fight purse but it cant be that high, to win the whole thing its like 5 fights, but i think they can even lose 1 and still move ahead and win the "season".

The format is 4 fights now 2 season, semi, final.

From what I've read the get a normal fight contract pay per fight, then if you win everything it's 1 million -what they've already paid out.

The format is 4 fights now 2 season, semi, final.
So I read it is $25k/$25k or some bigger names get a flat $50k per fight. So winners get $1,150,000. Divided among 4 fights that means $287,500 per fight for the winners. Not bad.

So I read it is $25k/$25k or some bigger names get a flat $50k per fight. So winners get $1,150,000. Divided among 4 fights that means $287,500 per fight for the winners. Not bad.
You missed the - minus part. So in the example of being paid 25/25 after the champion wins it's a $850,000 check at the end.
But someone like kayla probably getting 100/100 so she's already got 600k going into the final and a 400k payment.

You missed the - minus part. So in the example of being paid 25/25 after the champion wins it's a $850,000 check at the end.
But someone like kayla probably getting 100/100 so she's already got 600k going into the final and a 400k payment.
Oh shit I did miss that. So it’s a million if you win TOTAL?? Still, $250k per fight if you win. Only title challengers and big names are getting that in UFC. Even the vase $25/25 is good but I guess it’s a small roster or you aren’t fighting as often.

Oh shit I did miss that. So it’s a million if you win TOTAL?? Still, $250k per fight if you win. Only title challengers and big names are getting that in UFC. Even the vase $25/25 is good but I guess it’s a small roster or you aren’t fighting as often.
25k is really good when you consider you're guaranteed to fight at least twice. That's a guaranteed middle wage income which most fighters do not have.

Who is getting 25k though? Like is that the minimum, or thats for the veterans of PFL? Cause even if you get your ass kicked you're getting 50k.

25k is really good when you consider you're guaranteed to fight at least twice. That's a guaranteed middle wage income which most fighters do not have.

Who is getting 25k though? Like is that the minimum, or thats for the veterans of PFL? Cause even if you get your ass kicked you're getting 50k.
I'm guessing it's minimum. Guys like Rory and Pettis believe in themselves no doubt but going back to 25k base would be a giant step back on their minimum.

It looks like that’s flat across the board except for the bigger names like Kayla.

That doesn't seem right, I know the tournament winners get presented with a novelty check for $1m in the cage, and I imagine they already got paid for their earlier fights at that point.

That doesn't seem right, I know the tournament winners get presented with a novelty check for $1m in the cage, and I imagine they already got paid for their earlier fights at that point.

pretty sure I recall reading or hearing on someone's podcast that its 1 mill total, so, if you made 300k in previous fights you'd get 1mm - 300k = 700k for the win.

This year was a shortened season, but in regular years the playoffs and final add up to $1m if you win

They maybe champions and millionaires now, but no one is going to tune in to watch their fights.

PFL should invest in signing well known fighters, fighters that will bring viewers.
Kinda hard to sign well known guys when the UFC has matching rights on every contract and the pockets to just match anything you offer.

Back