Foundation

I had to pause and look at the cast listing to find out the Terminus protector/sheriff wasn't the math girl grown up.

So Hari's "Robin" the boy wonder killed him and jetissoned the girl and left her to die somewhere in outer space so they wouldn't taint the colonization? They did show just prior the scene where Hari sorta insulted Robin at dinner.

Asimov is an amazing writer and truly was ahead of his time. I also loved many of his (esp . short) stories. However this one I couldnt get excited for in the book version at all. Mathematician and his scheming, dramatic, political, relationship intrigues , meandering storyline.
IMO it really lends itself to be portrayed becase I just feel it needs the color/visuals of the tv medium to offset the tone of the books. A little like GOT and its complexity and political chess play but GOT had at least dragons and magic.

You couldn't get into the Foundation trilogy? Read the Foundation trilogy and then the Robot trilogy in sequential order as Asimov wrote them. Both series are tied together and are phenomenal once finished.

How many episodes is this?

Last ep had me thinking if it doesn't get better soon, might quit watching.

How does the marshall have super powers? Is she the hotter girl's baby born from the uterus machine fish bowl?

I’m interested in checking this out sometime but I still want to watch the Expanse first I think and maybe the 2004 Battlestar Galactica too.

Last night's episode was a step in the right direction. Getting better. The younger actress is quite pretty.

Who or what retrieved Gaal from floating in outer space in the escape pod? Is Hari alive or was it some hologram or does Gaal have the mutant power to make his astral form appear on demand?

Is Hugo, the space trader, the same actor from the later Strike Back seasons? (Edit: He is)

Last edited:
Last night's ep was getting better with more reveals.

I listened to the official podcast on Apple and the most recent one had the show runner give insights into the story and behind the scenes stuff. I guess I'll listen to the past episodes. Only around 30 min.

Its very good (so far -they still have time to screw it up)
It has very little basis in the book(s) as I remember them (it been a few decades since I read them) -it is more "inspired by", than "based on".
But it is a very good SF show.
And good SF shows are rare ("The Expanse" is another if you have missed it)
Anyone know if the Battlestar Galactica sequel "Peacock" has been canceled or still are in the works?

Last edited:
You couldn't get into the Foundation trilogy? Read the Foundation trilogy and then the Robot trilogy in sequential order as Asimov wrote them. Both series are tied together and are phenomenal once finished.

Caves of Steel is one of my favourite books of all time. Asimov was my first and is my greatest literary love.

Just finished watching 2nd ep. Why did that guy do what he did? You'd think he'd want to continue having sexual relations with that girl who's not ugly, but could use bigger boobs.
yeah i stopped watching after ep 2- ep1 was interesting, 2 went in a derp direction i wasnt interested in following

yeah i stopped watching after ep 2- ep1 was interesting, 2 went in a derp direction i wasnt interested in following
You'd think for a new TV show, the first few eps should grab you and make you eager to see what's next.

About now, it's getting better with some serious reveals. The most recent ep explained why the guy killed the other guy and what the plan was.

The official podcast also explains what's what by the show runner.

At least two people have super powers as in able to see the future.

It is not explained on the show, but people who have read the novels can figure it out pretty easily.
It is eventually explained that one of the fundamental principles of psychohistory is that for it to be used to change the course of a human population’s history, that population cannot know the details of the predictions because such knowledge would influence their decision making and throw the whole plan off course.

Because of this, it is an important plot point that there should be no high level psychologists or social mathematicians among Terminus’ population, only people specializing in the physical sciences.

There can be no psycohistorians on The Foundation if the Plan is to have any chance of success.

And as was confirmed on today’s episode, Hari and Gaal were the only two people on that ship who could even understand the equations on the Prime Radiant.

Seldon had to die because he didn’t expect to be sent along with them (he wasn’t in the books) and he needed to be removed from the board before the colonists started to wonder why he wasn’t training more psychohistorians.
That's not what the latest ep gave for the reason.

That's not what the latest ep gave for the reason.

At the time I wrote that, I was under the impression that they were going to stick to the book’s plot-lines.

15 minutes in the first episode. Not digging it. Is there gonna be any pew pew laser fights?

Quite a few but nicely spaced as to not get mindlessly dull like typical modern shows 20min fighting scenes. At least try the first few eps or 1 season, its pretty good. Second one loses a bit oomph due to somewhat poor casting of some actresses but on the other hand it gains awesome charismatic male actors and majority still delivers / love for IP material;details is felt from creators.

Another adaptation that could have been great but is a victim to this current era we live in

Back