Foundation

TTech

lickety split
@Brown
Reaction score
Is anyone watching this

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804484/?ref_=tt_urv

I see Dune EVERY effin where but this nowhere. And IMO its on the same level, perhaps better in ways. The only aspect very few shows achieve, like GOT, is the diversity and vastness of the world. Dune appears will have it, this is focused more on fewer characters.
However amazing acting, detailed, no expense spared sci-fi environments and CGI, thoughtful moral undertones. So far very promising and most of all, it MOVES.
I looked at the book summaries that its based on and I barely got through them, felt so convoluted and dry. This is made for portrayal. Ignore the fans bombing the reviews who cannot get past the fact it is not a copy paste of the book.

Last edited:
Just finished watching 2nd ep. Why did that guy do what he did? You'd think he'd want to continue having sexual relations with that girl who's not ugly, but could use bigger boobs.

I'm an Asimov fan, the foundation series really does lend itself to adaption, I am glad it finally has been.

I don't think I'll be upset by non cannon, where can you view it, is it just Apple TV?

Apple TV+, but I think at least one other Apple TV+ show was shown elsewhere in some other country, the Israel Losing Alice show.

Id like to see it. I haven't read it but I read some short stories by Asimov, and he had some fun before their time ideas. Preview of this looked good

Id like to see it. I haven't read it but I read some short stories by Asimov, and he had some fun before their time ideas. Preview of this looked good

Asimov is an amazing writer and truly was ahead of his time. I also loved many of his (esp . short) stories. However this one I couldnt get excited for in the book version at all. Mathematician and his scheming, dramatic, political, relationship intrigues , meandering storyline.
IMO it really lends itself to be portrayed becase I just feel it needs the color/visuals of the tv medium to offset the tone of the books. A little like GOT and its complexity and political chess play but GOT had at least dragons and magic.

Asimov is an amazing writer and truly was ahead of his time. I also loved many of his (esp . short) stories. However this one I couldnt get excited for in the book version at all. Mathematician and his scheming, dramatic, political, relationship intrigues , meandering storyline.
IMO it really lends itself to be portrayed becase I just feel it needs the color/visuals of the tv medium to offset the tone of the books. A little like GOT and its complexity and political chess play but GOT had at least dragons and magic.

I only read one book with short stories from him. Some were shit and some were pretty intriguing. The preview of this draws me but so do alot of the recent sci fi but I haven't gotten around to watching any of em.

The preview of this draws me but so do alot of the recent sci fi but I haven't gotten around to watching any of em.

Yeah ? like what? quality sci-fi is few and far inbetween :/

first two episodes were good and definitely looking forward to the rest of the series. it looks fantastic, and although i'm not too interested in the domestic, romance storyline it didn't really take too much time from the show and the political stuff was much more front and center.

Yeah ? like what? quality sci-fi is few and far inbetween :/

Raised by wolves looked pretty dope. There's a few others that are slipping my mind right now some reason.

Raised by wolves looked pretty dope. There's a few others that are slipping my mind right now some reason.

Raised by wolves started off great but not sure I liked the finale all that much. I’ll come back to it and see where it goes.

Just started this show.

Raised by wolves started off great but not sure I liked the finale all that much. I’ll come back to it and see where it goes.

Just started this show.

Yeah I think it only got so-so reviews. The trailer drew me in for sure though.

Just finished watching 2nd ep. Why did that guy do what he did? You'd think he'd want to continue having sexual relations with that girl who's not ugly, but could use bigger boobs.

It is not explained on the show, but people who have read the novels can figure it out pretty easily.
It is eventually explained that one of the fundamental principles of psychohistory is that for it to be used to change the course of a human population’s history, that population cannot know the details of the predictions because such knowledge would influence their decision making and throw the whole plan off course.

Because of this, it is an important plot point that there should be no high level psychologists or social mathematicians among Terminus’ population, only people specializing in the physical sciences.

There can be no psycohistorians on The Foundation if the Plan is to have any chance of success.

And as was confirmed on today’s episode, Hari and Gaal were the only two people on that ship who could even understand the equations on the Prime Radiant.

Seldon had to die because he didn’t expect to be sent along with them (he wasn’t in the books) and he needed to be removed from the board before the colonists started to wonder why he wasn’t training more psychohistorians.

Yeah I think it only got so-so reviews. The trailer drew me in for sure though.

Yea like 90% of the show was great I thought. It's just the way it ended was a little bit to much for me. I'll see where it goes though if they do a season 2.

Dune is awesome. Mark your calendars, Americans, and go watch in droves - we are depending on you to get the sequel made!

I'd watch the hell out of this too, because Asimov was a science fiction pioneer and I love his stuff, but Appletv+? What the hell even is that? Just got prime to watch the Boys, but the amount of Netflixes popping up is ruining streaming.

its not bad. but doesn't feel like foundation
it's not the stunning and brave female characters shoved down...i mean culturally enriching the series that necessarily bother me, it's the romance section which feels like it's part of the formula of what you need to have in a show so that even the cleaning lady will watch. for an intensely mental experience, so far it sure is about a lot of feelings.

Back