Found this vid about Palhares, interesting.

fedemma

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I mean, I didn't know about that other 2 times in the past...

[YT]GP9ypltzRoM[/YT]

He did it twice in MMA in 2007 and has done it in BJJ tourneys as well

This is one that everyone references when talking about his JJ tourney issues.

I mean, I didn't know about that other 2 times in the past...

welcome to the party. that's what all these maniacs shouting about "just focus on the fight last night" don't get, past history absolutely does enter into it.

1.086753829213 seconds doesn't mean crap, he was basically on probation and should have known he wasn't going to be given any leeway anymore. he knew he had the hold sunk in and should have been ready to release the instant the ref showed up.

Bustamante got traumatized by Lindland's phantom tap and taught Palhares not to let go before the ref steps in, with or without a tap.
Problem is he takes too long to realize it's the ref touching him and not his opponent.

He really commits to a sub, especially the leg locks. He appears to be so focused that there is a delay in reacting to the tap or the ref stoppage.
He repeatedly looks surprised that anyone takes issue.
Pretty ridiculous that they put them back down in the position to just let him crank away for a second time at ADCC.:eek:

It never looks like he's just being a prick... just a very single minded combatant pursuing a goal.

Bustamante got traumatized by Lindland's phantom tap and taught Palhares not to let go before the ref steps in, with or without a tap.
Problem is he takes too long to realize it's the ref touching him and not his opponent.

I remember hearing the same thing years ago. I think there is a interview out there somewhere with Palhares admitting to this line of thinking. Whether or not he holds too long is due to not noticing the ref seems like an assumption. Unless you have heard him say that.

I find it really cringe wothy how he kept trying to hug it out with his opponent. I think palhares should've been disqualified for cranking off the mat like that. If was the other guy, there's no way I'm letting the match start back up with palhares already having a heel hook sunk in, it's just begging to get your leg ripped apart.

He really commits to a sub, especially the leg locks. He appears to be so focused that there is a delay in reacting to the tap or the ref stoppage.
Pretty ridiculous that they put them back down in the position to just let him crank away for a second time at ADCC.:eek:

It never looks like he's just being a prick... just a very single minded combatant pursuing a goal.

That's not a fucking excuse. He's the only one who has a problem with this.

I loved his fight last night
I never saw a fighter in such pain
It's the refs job to stop that sub
Not the fighter
Hope he comes back soon

He's also been popped in between all these inexcusable transgressions.

Yeah, but he's still doing it. So, cut.

Maybe he has a mental issue? Haha. He has done it way to many times and he still doesn't get it, so...

PIERCE-SCREAM-730.jpg

STOP PATTING ME!!!!

Back