Found this online

Cody564231

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Maybe you've heard it, maybe you haven't; but it still sums up about every thing anti gunners just don't understand about concealed/open carriers.

Why I Carry a Gun
Author Unknown

I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from
being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people; I carry a gun because
sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid; I carry a gun
because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I
have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a
gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I
don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for
failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a
gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not
on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy; I carry a gun
because, when I die and go to heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun
because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones
they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun
because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I
love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

I carry a gun because I know that I alone am responsible for my safety and I have not abdicated that right and responsibility to anyone else.

That sums up almost every reason I carry.

those reason are good...

...if you live in somalia.

Not to be a dick, but you don't live in this country so you have no leg to stand on about what it can be like here. Therefore, your opinion is not worth squat.

Not to be a dick, but you don't live in this country so you have no leg to stand on about what it can be like here. Therefore, your opinion is not worth squat.

He probably won't be around for long.

As for the OP

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid; I carry a gun
because there are real threats in the world.

It's funny how gun owners are called paranoid, but how fast people change their mind when that one instance comes along where they are in a helpless situation. I choose not to be in that situation.

I don't carry a gun because I live in Canada and its not allowed.

Otherwise good points.

mate. illegal weapons exist everyhwere. but everyone walking around with a gun all the time doesnt make it any safer, it makes it even more dangerous. wow, a black boy witha hoodie in this hod? better shoot 15 bullets in his body, might be dangerous.

you live in teh states man. as long as you dont hang around in compton with a kkk head, is is not any more dangerous than here in middle europe. id even say its more dangerous in romania or ukraine than in teh states, and still tehre anrent poeple with 3 glocks in their pants :rolleyes:

mate. illegal weapons exist everyhwere. but everyone walking around with a gun all the time doesnt make it any safer, it makes it even more dangerous. wow, a black boy witha hoodie in this hod? better shoot 15 bullets in his body, might be dangerous.

you live in teh states man. as long as you dont hang around in compton with a kkk head, is is not any more dangerous than here in middle europe. id even say its more dangerous in romania or ukraine than in teh states, and still tehre anrent poeple with 3 glocks in their pants :rolleyes:

DUMBASS COMMENTS!!!!! You don't live here in the U.S. so where's your ground to stand on!? And who are you especially in GERMANY to tell us about our "CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS" THAT OUR FOUNDING FATHERS WROTE????

Fury must be on vacation or just taking a hiatus from the boards. Otherwise zee German would be banned by now.

Zee German should read the sticky about anti gun posting in this subforum.

Fury must be on vacation or just taking a hiatus from the boards. Otherwise zee German would be banned by now.

Zee German should read the sticky about anti gun posting in this subforum.

He's just sore about the whole WWII thing.

Edit: Which ironically resulted in the Natzi party instituting gun control in Germany... hmmm

Last edited:
Cody gotta agree with the whole original post. I carry a gun every day, when I am working and when I am not working. Do I go out of my way looking for trouble, no, am I ready if it finds me, yes.

Cody gotta agree with the whole original post. I carry a gun every day, when I am working and when I am not working. Do I go out of my way looking for trouble, no, am I ready if it finds me, yes.

Exactly.

Kinda derailing my own thread, but have you seen the new SIG MPX? It would be nice to have a few on the department. Each comes with a conversion kit to be 9mm, .40, or .357SIG.

Yeah, I think SMG's, especially suppressed versions, are under utilized. Would be good for patrol officers. AR's have their place but using an unsuppressed AR indoors, can cause hearing loss for officers. Suppressed SMG's provide the same level of accuracy in close quarters.

It will be interesting to see how it takes off. I carry a SIG everyday and think they make great products. I'd like to attend their training academy sometime in the future.

Yeah, I think SMG's, especially suppressed versions, are under utilized. Would be good for patrol officers. AR's have their place but using an unsuppressed AR indoors, can cause hearing loss for officers. Suppressed SMG's provide the same level of accuracy in close quarters.

It will be interesting to see how it takes off. I carry a SIG everyday and think they make great products. I'd like to attend their training academy sometime in the future.

Completely agree. Luckily the MPX comes in an SD format as well. I think it comes in every format the MP5 comes, and it appears SIG acquired the rights to the MP5, as the MPX looks like an MP5 and an M4 had a badass kid.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductList/sig-mpx-sig-mpx.aspx

^^^^^^^^^^ It's bs that I can't have one of these.

What may work in Germany will not work in America. I lived there for two years. The mentality of the people is far different than the US. Furthermore MMAGermany talking about US policy is just asinine. If you don't live here don't even try. However if you don't like it here GTFO

Furthermore MMAGermany talking about US policy is just asinine. If you don't live here don't even try. However if you don't like it here GTFO

35ivvo6.jpg

Back