Found a Tank Abbott podcast with David Isaacs

sabretitan

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I was searching around the web looking up old school fighters and came across
this podcast with Tank. Maybe many have already heard it?.. This is the first podcast I have ever heard him in. MMA nostalgic talk for sure and pretty entertaining too lol.

http://tankabbottpodcast.com/podcasts/01.mp3

"lol's" incoming.

Tank is one of those old timers who is built more like a Biker gang member than MMA fighter.

Interesting, he says in the interview he's the one who introduced gloves (not boxing gloves) to the UFC.

Interesting, he says in the interview he's the one who introduced gloves (not boxing gloves) to the UFC.

Yup he was wearing glove before you had to. Gloves really don't make a difference (MMA ones) and I'm pretty sure he wore them to prevent from hand injuries.

Melton Bowen wore them first. But tank was the first to get a ko with his hands.

Tank is one of those old timers who is built more like a Biker gang member than MMA fighter.

Early Tank (1996) was quite solid and VERY strong, though. He was built better than some of the current HWs...Roy Nelson comes to mind. He always had some fat, but he had a lot of muscle as well. Later Tank (2000's) was a different story.

Back