Foty candidates on 207

WayOfTheFist

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Last event of the year. 2016 has been crazy as shhhh with condit vs lawler, Reyes vs Kim, ferg vs vannata, Choi vs swanson, McGregor vs Diaz 1 & 2, etc.

Any match ups have potential to be foty on 207?
Thinkin lineker vs dillashaw or Cain vs Fabricio 2 could be instant classics.
Anything dirty Bird is usually must see as well.

Whatcha think? Any style matchups on 207 stick out to you guys?

The UFC will try to push Rousey/Nunes as a FotYC if it goes past one round.

I think that Ronda girl is back, bro.

It'll likely be memorable. No matter how it goes down.

Just checked the card to see. Brandon Thatch is first fight of the night against a debuting fighter, clearly last chance saloon for him. He has really come down in the world. What a shame, I expected big things from him earlier in his UFC career.

Just checked the card to see. Brandon Thatch is first fight of the night against a debuting fighter, clearly last chance saloon for him. He has really come down in the world. What a shame, I expected big things from him earlier in his UFC career.
Good call. 18 finishes between the two of em.

It's a good start. I'd much rather have white belts like TS with MMA threads than some attention whores with 500+ posts who act like morons and post nothing but useless shit.

Last edited:
I really thought Dodson beat Lineker, and that we'd be getting a Dodson/Dillashaw rematch instead. Still a great fight.

Woodley vs wonder boy is also worth mentioning as a fight of the year candidate.

Dunno who is on the card really, but Cain vs Werdum I was awesome. Now that Cain is on marijuana the sequel will be awesome.

Sort of unrelated, but I think Dominick Cruz could make a case for being fighter of the year after 207.

Man I totally forgot about Dillashaw vs. Linekar!

Linekar is like the Arturo Gatti of the UFC's bantamweight division. That fight could steal the show. Too bad it's only three rounds!

Back