Social Fosters is really pleasant tasting basic beer.

Do you like a stronger taste? Because it does not have a really strong taste.

No. I like a Czech style pils. Bready, low bitteress, clean. Also a good Helles lager.

No. I like a Czech style pils. Bready, low bitteress, clean. Also a good Helles lager.
Well than you should not think Foster's is terrible. It only has enough bitterness to remind you it's actually beer. It's such a light bitter it doesn't even get worse as it starts to warm. I understand it's not the greatest beer, but for $2 it's pretty good.

You're the cool one.
I seriously haven't found it within the last decade. Pubs don't sell in on tap and no bottle shops carry it. Last place I bought it at, I asked about it and he said he rarely orders it because it doesn't sell. They're not wrong when they say Australians don't drink Fosters.

I seriously haven't found it within the last decade. Pubs don't sell in on tap and no bottle shops carry it. Last place I bought it at, I asked about it and he said he rarely orders it because it doesn't sell. They're not wrong when they say Australians don't drink Fosters.
I believe it. It ran it's course as a cool outsider beer outside of Australia, and I'm sure that whole boom in the 90's made many Aussies think it was played out. But as a low price option, it's worth a second look. It doesn't have a bad beer taste.

Well than you should not think Foster's is terrible. It only has enough bitterness to remind you it's actually beer. It's such a light bitter it doesn't even get worse as it starts to warm. I understand it's not the greatest beer, but for $2 it's pretty good.

Sure but it's still an adjunct lager made with things other than malt, hops and yeast and I can taste that same as Bud, Miller, Coors. I am a craft beer guy but I love great lagers more than anything else. You wont find me drinking haze bois or pastry stouts all day.

Sure but it's still an adjunct lager made with things other than malt, hops and yeast and I can taste that same as Bud, Miller, Coors. I am a craft beer guy but I love great lagers more than anything else. You wont find me drinking haze bois or pastry stouts all day.
Fine ok wtevr. Pick up a fat can for $2 some time when you see it, and remember me saying that it's definitely a step better than Bud or Miller.

Fine ok wtevr. Pick up a fat can for $2 some time when you see it, and remember me saying that it's definitely a step better than Bud or Miller.

haha, I've had it in my youth for sure. I'll stick to Green State Lager as my go to which is more than 2 for a fat can but is less than 2 for a 12 oz

Literally no one drinks Fosters here in Australia, I've never seen anyone drinking it aside from in British TV shows.

Out of sheer curiosity I bought one long can at a bar and a 6 pack and it was revolting then, they've changed the recipe over the years apparently was tastier in the 70's & 80's. Not even brewed in Australia anymore, a lot of the big market beers here taste like absolute ass.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Tried it once as a teenager.

Still the worst beer I’ve ever had.

Tried it once as a teenager.

Still the worst beer I’ve ever had.
worst beer I ever had was corona premier,old English is also gross. fosters is the nectar of the gods by comparison.

Men talking about light beer makes me sick.
Maybe it’s the Soviet upbringing, but if you’re going to drink alcohol, drink real alcohol imo

Eh, I should drink less, and I know it’s not considered manly, but I only have Mike’s Harder at 8%, and that only to mix with my vodka, I noticed it makes me considerably less gassy than Diet Coke which is what I’ve been doing.
I guess it makes more sense to me when people care about their whiskey or whatever than drinks that don’t really do anything unless you have a whole six pack or whatever

you cant shame someone for drinking beer and then say in the next breath that you need to cut hard liqueur with hard lemonade and diet coke

I’ve only ever had Fosters when I have eaten at Outback Steakhouse, which all closed in Alberta probably close to a decade ago. The steak was ok, the onion blooms were always awesome, but the Fosters (iirc) wasn’t that good.

Homer wasn’t too impressed with it either.

GzSXhxrO_ygDwPfDcSt-OZ2CEs0HoLlqOhczGwpoKx4.png

It's alright, same as pretty much all the big brand lagers.

In general most of the big brands of lager taste fairly similar as the flavour profile was perfected a long time ago. They're all aimed at mass appeal which means inoffensive flavours that suit the majority of people's palates.

People that say they love Coors but think Bud is undrinkable are probably basing that more on their perception of branding than the actual flavours.

Fosters is OK for a session / afternoon BBQ beer but I hear a lot of people talking about Corona lately...

I hit up an Outback when in the US, go in for a quick Fosters and Blooming Onion.

Only time I drink it … you know to fit in with the Australians at their steak hose.

Tell me you’re joking and you mean Yuengling
White people preferring Younglings is what caused them to ship their operations to China in the first place, making them wealthy enough to buy up Australia. Ironic?

I hit up an Outback when in the US, go in for a quick Fosters and Blooming Onion.

Only time I drink it … you know to fit in with the Australians at their steak hose.
Yeah when you go to an Outback Steakhouse it's imperative that you don't stand out as some kind of uncultured stupid American. I take necessary steps not to offend the indigenous Australian population when I visit their sacred restaurant as well.

Back