Social Fosters is really pleasant tasting basic beer.

Yeah I was into "craft brew" like 12 years ago when I started socially drinking again. It's not new, and everybody has been there now. It's fine and I have my favorites I drink a couple times a year. From the gas station, for $2, a big can of Foster's goes down surprisingly smooth.
I concur I have some of the finest craft breweries in the nation in L.A county but I couldn't drink craft beer all the time.

The company in West London my father worked for used to brew it , presumably under licence. Along with Budweiser and Red Barrel .

When the teachers had a meeting where they met the parents to discuss the kids he used to supply discounted booze !!! Wouldn't happen nowadays..

No one here drinks Fosters, we export this shit. I drink this mainly, it's a real bogan (redneck) beer here, I love it

1570491816659qwwggg-350-937.jpg

It's brewed in the U.S. now, and has been for a while I imagine, but it's still one of the best classic tasting beers there is. It's like a slightly smoother Budweiser. It goes down easy, and doesn't get nasty as it warms a little. I don't think it's real strong or anything, but it's one of the better mass produced classic beers.
Fosters along with mgd is one of my favorite cheap beers too. You're right , it does taste similar to Budweiser. Guiness and samuel Adams Are my two favorite beers but they are both somewhat expensive . I still remember the fosters beer commercial from the nineties

Little known fact...."Foster's" is Australian for beer. Yup, that's right, Aussie's call beer Fosters

nothing better than a fosters and getting a gobby from me sheila at the Maccas.

Little known fact...."Foster's" is Australian for beer. Yup, that's right, Aussie's call beer Fosters
If they keep pretending they are too good for a fatass can of really decent tasting beer for $2, I'm just going to pretend this is true.

Fosters along with mgd is one of my favorite cheap beers too. You're right , it does taste similar to Budweiser. Guiness and samuel Adams Are my two favorite beers but they are both somewhat expensive . I still remember the fosters beer commercial from the nineties
It's a beery tasting beer. And thank you.. Like Bud, but it goes down a tad easier.

So would any beer drinker
No.

We were serious beer drinkers growing up. We went for strength and drinkability. "Lite Ice" by whoever was the 5 night a week regular. I've literally had 75 different kinds of "craft beer" and I tend to like the stronger ones, like Final Absolution. Fosters does not taste bad. I took about 10 years off from drinking for all the right reasons, and I don't drink more than 2 times a month now, but I have drank a TON of beer in my life. A fkn ton. This modern generation of fake-ass beer drinkers has nothing on us 90's drinkers. I finished my BA with a hardcore craft guy, and he was just full of shit and was a pansy lol

I was the only person out of my friends that drank Fosters. Not that I liked it that much or anything, I was just sick of people saying Australians don't drink Fosters.
To be honest it's not that bad. It's probably only sold in 1 in 10 bottle shops though.

No.

We were serious beer drinkers growing up. We went for strength and drinkability. "Lite Ice" by whoever was the 5 night a week regular. I've literally had 75 different kinds of "craft beer" and I tend to like the stronger ones, like Final Absolution. Fosters does not taste bad. I took about 10 years off from drinking for all the right reasons, and I don't drink more than 2 times a month now, but I have drank a TON of beer in my life. A fkn ton. This modern generation of fake-ass beer drinkers has nothing on us 90's drinkers. I finished my BA with a hardcore craft guy, and he was just full of shit and was a pansy lol

It's just not a good lager. I drink lager daily and Fosters is shit.

All lager tastes the same! It doesn't matter if it's Heineken, Bud, Coors, Molson or whatever! Just buy the cheapest shit!

All lager tastes the same! It doesn't matter if it's Heineken, Bud, Coors, Molson or whatever! Just buy the cheapest shit!
Molson Canadian has a different taste when it's really cold. It's a little deeper. Foster's and "Bud" are more poppy. Fosters has a better, smoother pop than Bud.

In conclusion I want a smooth Canadian bud to pop in my mouth... Maybe a Foster parent idk

EDIT: And they skunk Heineken on purpose to make it different

Last edited:
It's just not a good lager. I drink lager daily and Fosters is shit.
Do you like a stronger taste? Because it does not have a really strong taste.

I was the only person out of my friends that drank Fosters. Not that I liked it that much or anything, I was just sick of people saying Australians don't drink Fosters.
To be honest it's not that bad. It's probably only sold in 1 in 10 bottle shops though.
You're the cool one.

Back