Forward pressure should be rewarded

I don't understand this logic that forward pressure or "octagon control" should count for nothing. Forward pressure is a weapon and the reason Reyes had nothing in rounds four and five.

it shouldn't not count, but it's the last of the judging criteria.

Octagon control is literally in the rules as one of the elements that helps score points.

It's in there, but it's the last of the judging criteria. It should only come into play if everything else is equal. And, that is hella rare.

if the striking is exactly equal u could give the advantage to the guy going forward

but goin forward and eating more strikes is losing

I don't understand this logic that forward pressure or "octagon control" should count for nothing. Forward pressure is a weapon and the reason Reyes had nothing in rounds four and five.
What about back turned running away? It takes away points yes?

Octagon control is literally in the rules as one of the elements that helps score points.
MMA-Unified-Rules.jpg

It's in the rules and it counts, but only when there's no advantage in the striking or grappling.

And forward pressure is no more of a weapon than moving backward is a weapon for some counter strikers.

Back