Forum warriors, what desk chair do you ride into battle?

20110914_hospital_obese_equipment4_33.jpg

here you go tubbs. just your size.... super sized

6060930_orig.jpg

No one would ever look at me and say I was obese. 5'9" though and probably would be categorized that way by a doctor. I stated 235 as an upper limit, I range between 200 and 220ish from year to year. The chair doesn't have to be plus-sized.

Gotcha.

I'm about 165 at 5' 9" so I'm trying to picture myself at 220, either looking like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Louie Anderson.

You're not going to find much in that price range. Staples has half decent mesh chair at around $70.
Don't get a race car seat, I had a DX Racer and hated it.
Personally I'd go to a thrift store or hit up craigslist and buy a $30 chair. Save up your money and find a used Herman Miller Aeron for around $300.

For that price try to find something used in the classifieds/yard sales in your area. You might be surprised what people will let a decent office chair go for.

I know computer hardware pretty well, but am a complete ignoramous when it comes to what constitutes a quality desk chair. I have been using an old swivel office chair that I picked up from a junk giveaway where I worked a few years ago but recently the armrest cracked and the gas cylinder was failing.

Caveat, I am on a budget. I can't go over around $85 at the moment and I need a new chair pronto. I am looking at two chairs on amazon right now each for $82. Anyway what chair are you using and what might you suggest for under $100?

BestOffice desk chair

Essentials by OFM office chair

I weigh about 235 lbs. and would be using the chair for about 6 to 8 hours per day. Is it a complete lost cause to expect even a modicum of quality in the aforementioned price range?

have you thought about sitting on Amy Schumer?

I have an IKEA chair. It's v comfy, didn't cost a fortune and was easy to put together.

My desk chair is an old piece of shit that looks like it was made in 1992 and, judging by the stains on it, has been witness to a few murders.

I post on a cell, so whatever chair I happen to be sitting in.
I am "then who was phone?"

Back