Forum preservation thread

Cocakillbana

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I made this to avoid thread derailment and to confine the supposed destruction of this forum to one place. If you want to make a controversial thread just bring it here instead. If you want to bitch, this is the place. If a thread is going south, bring it here.

Does anyone have a good reason why kick fighting fans seemingly view Takeru and Tenshin as better fighters than Panpayak and Prajantchai? Not what the actual reason for it is, but a good reason, something to give it justification. @Snubnoze707 @Yodsanan @Karaev fan

Does anyone have a good reason why Takeru and Tenshin are more well known and regarded to kick fighting fans than Panpayak and Prajantchai? Not what the actual reason for it is, but a good reason, something to give it justification.

kickboxing fans does not equal kickfighting fans.

And Takeru and Tenshin fights are more entertaining by a long shot, even though competition is questionable at best. Add social media precense, better production and promotion to it, and there you go.

kickboxing fans does not equal kick fighting fans.

Within the English speaking fighting world Tenshin received more attention for one fight than Panpayak and Prajantchai have for their combined careers. Putting aside hype and promotion, is this justified? Does he deserve more recognition than Panpayak and Prajantchai? Where was the hoopla when Panpayak iced Sam-A?

Within the English speaking fighting world Tenshin received more attention for one fight than Panpayak and Prajantchai have for their combined careers. Putting aside hype and promotion, is this justified? Does he deserve more recognition than Panpayak and Prajantchai?

Yes, in the sense that he competes in a sport more people follow worldwide within a promotion that has some name value to back it up. People are bigger kickboxing fans than muay thai fans, that's just a matter of fact.

Not gonna happen and you know it... Pointless thread

There isn't any sense context for the average 'fight fan'. Every muay thai fighter that is on the international scene or that has any name value with the casual fight fan is some type of champion with hundreds of fights. How is the average fight fan going distinguish between the careers of Sittichai and Panpayak? Panpayak doesn't have the most flashy highlight reel either, only people who follow muay thai will understand how good he is.

Saiyok probably has more fans than Panpayak, Prajanchai and Puernkon together and all new muay thai fans between 2005 and 20013 probably thought either Buakaw, Yodsanklai and Saiyok were the best muay thai fighters. Generally people seem to think they're the best standup fighters in the world aswell. One word: marketing

Last edited:
Saiyok probably has more fans than Panpayak, Prajanchai and Puernkon together and all new muay thai fans between 2005 and 20013 probably thought either Buakaw, Yodsanklai and Saiyok were the best muay thai fighters. Generally people seem to think they're the best standup fighters in the world aswell. One word: marketing

that's me right there.

but i don't see what's the big deal if some ppl still think yod or saiyok are the best if this means more ppl interested to know better the sport which in the long run everybody even the most obscure fighters will benefit from...
it's not like buakaw's popularity takes something away from saenchai...i think it's quite the opposite.

well that would somehow mean that knockout is actually closer to real muaythai than lion fight

well, that fight actually got promoted as a muay thai fight. Umeno is called the japanese muay thai king for a reason in his promos.

is this about japanese calling the ruleset japanese kickboxing and not muay thai? pretty sure most khmer people are also not happy about muay thai being called muay thai, so who really cares.

Incase you are not aware this stems from people claiming japanesse kickboxing is different from muaythai because they do not use thai customs or thai/gambling scoring which also happens to be just about every international muaythai organization as well. But somehow because knockout takes place in japan it is not muaythai according to some on this forum

Last edited:
I'd like to make some callouts. @everyonebesidesCocaandJt

What the hell is wrong with you guys. How are you going to go and make DISGUSTING joke about people with MT backgrounds. Do you get off on that stuff?? Thats disgusting. You all have so much privilege you don't even know what to do with it. How do you all have fun taking and making joke about the poor an midgets?? 6 MILLION Thais were denied kickboxing contracts and you're going to go and disrespect all of them. It's just wrong. Especially the manlet jokes. Do you all even know anybody with that disease?? No probably not, but news flash they are the sweetest people I know; and clearly a lot nicer than you all.

Add social media precense, better production and promotion to it, and there you go.

But they fight in Japanese events which pretty much no one follows or know exist. As far as I can tell these events aren't promoted to people outside of Japan at all. But there seems to be a group of people who have a presence in social media, and who get a lot of MMA crossover, who tweet and produce material about these guys nonstop, if not the events and promotions themselves: Kenshin, Bourdan, Caposa, Warman, etc. How many people are aware of who Genji Umeno is? None. And he just main-evented the exact same event as Tenshin did. So I don't think it's really the work that the promotions put in to production or promoting or disseminating this information that allows it to reach outside of Japan. There are just certain people who seem to have a lot of influence and they have their favourites.

This threads not working, I'm still reading this shit on other threads!

But they fight in Japanese events which pretty much no one follows or know exist. As far as I can tell these events aren't promoted to people outside of Japan at all. But there seems to be a group of people who have a presence in social media, and who get a lot of MMA crossover, who tweet and produce material about these guys nonstop, if not the events and promotions themselves: Kenshin, Bourdan, Caposa, Warman, etc. How many people are aware of who Genji Umeno is? None. And he just main-evented the exact same event as Tenshin did. So I don't think it's really the work that the promotions put in to production or promoting or disseminating this information that allows it to reach outside of Japan. There are just certain people who seem to have a lot of influence and they have their favourites.
For someone that doesn't like kickboxing, you seem follow alot of kickboxing blogs and know a lot about the japanese kickboxers. I never hear about Tenshin and Takeru apart from tge Japan thread and when you and Coca talk about how overhyped they are.

I think most posters on this forum understand that the Thai fighters don't get as much attention as they deserve and that English language media doesn't cover stadiums fights.

It seems like Mauy thai 2000, Mauy Ties and the Thailand sub forum are the only places one can find out about the best Mauy Thai fighters. And those sources don't really give much context. For example people post fight videos in the Thailand forum but often it is hard to tell who is who.

I mentioned this before but it would be great if instead of complaining about undeserving hype more threads or posts were made about specific fighters and what they accomplished and how they fight etc

Back