Fort Lauderdale schools

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by 2x2x2x, Sep 9, 2010.

1. 2x2x2x

2x2x2x Black Belt

Hi guys and girls, i have a buddy moving to the fort lauderdale area and is looking to find a gym to resume his training. He is looking for a gi oriented school, any suggestions?

2. SMillard

SMillard Red Belt

where in Ft Lauderdale? You might want to be more specific, Popovich and ATT are in the "Ft. Lauderdale area" but are at least 30 to 40 minutes away from each other. Also there are plenty of great schools in Miami.

I go to ATT Davie and really like it, partially because it is less than 7 minutes from my house, were I so inclined I could even ride a bike there, were I so inclined.

3. sproggdawg

sproggdawg Nap Facilitator

Marcelo Garcia has an affiliate academy in the area. ATT has two locations reasonably close. Gracie Miami is 20 minutes or so south. And Pablo Popovitch runs a school there as well. Lots of good places to choose from, any of them would benefit you.

4. curb1850

curb1850 Green Belt

Pablo Popovitch teach at his school full time?

5. FXG

FXG Orange Belt

ATT coconut creek, Att Ftl, Att sunrise, att davie,att deerfield, nova unao pompano bch (eddie martinez), ffa davie, popovitch pembroke pines, popovitch ftl, punch fitness deerfield beach, csmma coral springs, velocity martial arts pompano, att pompano bch (edson diniz), nova unao south florida, LL Boxing & Fitness Pompano, just off the top of my head...

i train with 3 of these schools...

just another reason why south florida is AWESOME, i can got to the beach 9 months out of the year and train ju jitsu at 3 diff places within 5 miles of my house!!

6. FXG

FXG Orange Belt

renzo gracie weston, there is a gracie school downtown ftl, i think off of sunrise blvd...