(Forrest griffin fight) Anderson vs lhw rumble

bjpenngoat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
How do you think that would have played out?

Anderson was at his pinnacle at that point just completely unstoppable and rumble was one of the scariest ko artists at lhw for a while. Would abdersons patience timing and precision have worked against rumble?

Iron chinned Anderson via 2nd round RNC after Rumble gasses and folds.

Anderson would turn Rumble to Crumble, just like DC did.

Rumble either kills him inside the 1st or resorts to panic wrestling and getting RNC'ed.

Others have already said it, but Anderson at that point would have tagged Rumble, hurt him and sent him into D1 Rumble mode. Followed by Rumble mentally folding and losing via RNC.

Watch Anderson/Hendo or Vitor/Rumble for examples.

Rumble gasses, fight ends like Anderson-Hendo.

Others have already said it, but Anderson at that point would have tagged Rumble, hurt him and sent him into D1 Rumble mode. Followed by Rumble mentally folding and losing via RNC.

You beat me by 2 seconds =]

Rumble does nothing to Prime Silva.

Silva eat Hendo's punches like they were nothing.. Rumble doesnt hit harder than Hendo imo.

Plus Rumble too sloppy and slow for Silva

Rumble does nothing to Prime Silva.

Silva eat Hendo's punches like they were nothing.. Rumble doesnt hit harder than Hendo imo.

Plus Rumble too sloppy and slow for Silva
I think you need to watch that fight again. Henderson never lands a clean punch at distance on Anderson's chin. That's not as much of a statement on Dan's inaccuracy as it is on Anderson's ability to make strikers miss when they are at the limits of their range, and he had significant reach on Henderson.

However, history has shown that Anderson does significantly less well against fighters when he does not have that reach/length advantage. It's overlooked by a lot of his fans, but that's the simple fact.

In the actual Forrest/Anderson era, Rumble was still a kid, still fighting at ww, and I think Anderson would have exposed his inexperience; but in 2 or 3 years, as Johnson grew into his body and they were both in the low 200s cageweight, I think it's 50/50 that Johnson catches Silva and knocks him out cleanly. If Johnson hadn't already virtually abandoned his grappling base by that point, the percentage would have shifted into his favor. I do not think Anderson ever possessed the power to knock out Anthony cleanly.

How do you think that would have played out?

Anderson was at his pinnacle at that point just completely unstoppable and rumble was one of the scariest ko artists at lhw for a while. Would abdersons patience timing and precision have worked against rumble?

The Forrest fight should not be used as a pinnacle for anything, and any version of Anderson gets raped by lhw rumble

Rumble could get a KO in round 1 but if he doesn’t early he gets RNC’d by Prime Andy in round 2

Rumble, assuming he comes in with a decent game plan.

Your comparing Andersons best win to a fight where rumble came in 11 pounds overweight and shouldnt have even fought. 205 rumble would have a very serious chance to ko silva out cold. He was a good striker. He didnt leave a ton of openings and had iton fists.

Rumble, assuming he comes in with a decent game plan.
Even if the stars align, Rumble will get overzealous when he hurts Silva and will blow his load unsuccessfully pursuing a finish. He'll then get picked apart and choked.

Anderson can eat a few shots. If he hits Rumble, he’d hurt too. Anderson drops then subs him Rd 2.

The spider would need his head movement to be on point!

Back