Forrest for UFC HOF?

Yes and Yes. Not because I think he was a great fighter and skillful guy who make people scared.

I think Yes for one because forrest was key to keeping the UFC alive. His fight with stephan bonner was one of the best fights in the UFC. He did beat some top guys in the sport like shogun. He has always been likely and a guy who went out to fight hard everytime.

Yes, he will get in because Dana White likes him.

I dont think he was one of the best fighters in the UFC but he was one of the most visible fighters for a while in the UFC and one of the original ultimate fighters.

As a huge fan of his i have to agree, and i don't think he doesn't care anymore. Because he is very passionate about MMA. I just think he realizes he won the belt, had a great career and knows he wouldn't stand a chance against Jones. He isn't fighting to be the best anymore, more so just for fun like Rich is.

Just my opinion.

That makes sense. I love Forrest so I gave him a mulligan with the Shogun fight because there was so much on his mind and I knew Shogun would come back hard after the Jones loss. But I just didn't know what to think after the Tito fight. He seemed motivated for it but just didn't perform. I guess we'll see his next time out. But HOFer for sure don't even have to think about that

No way! His induction would cheapen what it means to be in the hall of fame. C'mon, should Brock Lesnar be inducted? He was the first WWE champ crossover and he beat some good fighters.

Forrest hasn't had an Elite career, nor is a he an Elite fighter. So if you think only Elite fighters should make HOF that's fine, i can see your point. But people just shitting on Forrest because they don't like him is retarded.

No way! His induction would cheapen what it means to be in the hall of fame. C'mon, should Brock Lesnar be inducted? He was the first WWE champ crossover and he beat some good fighters.

Brock should be considered. How many Heavyweights have had 2 title defenses in the UFC?

Brock went 3-1 in Title fights, and beat legends like Randy and Mir. HH and Carwin were also great wins.

If you don't think Brock should be considered you are fucking biased as hell. He lost to Cain and Reem?

Brock should be considered. How many Heavyweights have had 2 title defenses in the UFC?

Brock went 3-1 in Title fights, and beat legends like Randy and Mir. HH and Carwin were also great wins.

If you don't think Brock should be considered you are fucking biased as hell. He lost to Cain and Reem?

no he has had 8 fights.. his competition is not that great, fast tracked a title shot, not to mention randy was 46 years old and hadn't fought in over a year. he didn't last long as expected..

no he has had 8 fights.. his competition is not that great, fast tracked a title shot, not to mention randy was 46 years old and hadn't fought in over a year. he didn't last long as expected..

Anderson is the GOAT!

Anderson is the GOAT!

he's one of them.

29dk1o9.jpg

IF it was soley UFC HOF, Forrest is more deserving than Wand, Nog and some others on that list.

Yep. I think though with them acquiring all these other orgs, they're in a position to add fighters of companies that they now own. There is no other HOF for MMA, after all. It's giving credit for great careers that have partially been in the UFC, partially elsewhere.

I think Wand and Nog will be in there. If they aren't, if it's UFC fights only, take them off that list I wrote and the implemented outcome is just in my book.

No. Although he qualifies for consideration with a UFC championship and being the lineal MW Grand Prix champ with his 1st win over Shogun, he hasn't been dominant enough for me to agree.

I do think his fight with Stephan Bonnar was key moment in UFC history so that fight should be in the hall of fame but Griffin alone falls short to me.

definitely not

he was the first product of the ufc hype machine, and that's it

no natural talent, just a great work ethic and a lot of marketing

hell no. leave the hall for the real legends. forrest is nowhere near the level of the andersons, the gsps, the hughes, the coutures, the liddells.

forrest managed to leg kick his way to one belt and then got killed in the next fight. not enough by a long shot.

Forrest had 2 great wins and 2 good wins in his ENTIRE CAREER!!!
And 7 Losses.

That's not a Hall of Famer.

He's 10 and 5 in his UFC career. Not great, but not terrible. Though records alone shouldn't determine HOF status. It's about the mark you leave on the sport. No one can deny Griffin was influential to UFC's success. THAT's why he should be in.

no..

hof should be for legends.. forrest had a great two fight win streak but apart from that he isn't an elite fighter.

I think Anderson Silva must be the only thing we disagree on. Aside from that, I usually enjoy your posts, and you're 100% right here. I would like the Hall of Fame to be a more exclusive venue. It should be a record of the most inspirational and groundbreaking fighters in MMA, so that future generations will know who drove the sport forward.

There was a thread about Fitch yesterday along these lines. I don't think guys like Fitch, Forrest, or Bonnar are legendary fighters, so I wouldn't place them in the Hall of Fame. I respect them all immensely, because they are extremely skilled and have overachieved in a sport full of freak athletes. Yet and still, I don't see them as pioneers of the sport or guys who took it to the next level.

yes, former LHW champ and TUF winner. plus that 1st fight with bonnar helped propel the UFC......

I think Anderson Silva must be the only thing we disagree on. Aside from that, I usually enjoy your posts, and you're 100% right here. I would like the Hall of Fame to be a more exclusive venue. It should be a record of the most inspirational and groundbreaking fighters in MMA, so that future generations will know who drove the sport forward.

There was a thread about Fitch yesterday along these lines. I don't think guys like Fitch, Forrest, or Bonnar are legendary fighters, so I wouldn't place them in the Hall of Fame. I respect them all immensely, because they are extremely skilled and have overachieved in a sport full of freak athletes. Yet and still, I don't see them as pioneers of the sport or guys who took it to the next level.

yeah agreed! legends like funaki, bas, frye, pat, frank shammy, sakuraba, gomi, barnett, pulver, fedor, big nog, wanderlei, shogun, bj penn, anderson all should be in an mma hof.

He does not have a HOF record, but he should get in based on the TUF finale fight

Back