Forrest for UFC HOF?

Yes and yes.

He was never especially skilled, but a special combination of hard work, luck, timing and a ton of heart let him rise to the very top. His influence on the sport has been massive. Deserves it without a doubt, and will get it, also without a doubt.

Hall of fame. Forrest made the UFC more famous and became famous in the progress. His resume isn't HOF worthy by boxing standards, but his contributions are.

For example, I doubt Frank Shamrock will be in the HOF, yet he was a much better fighter than Forrest and more accomplished, to add a fact. Yet he won't be in there for personal reasons. Same goes for Don Frye, and he's more low key with the Zuffa bashing than Frank, yet he likely won't be inducted.

So Forrest and Bonnar will be in the HOF (I recall Dana saying they'll be added simultaneously) for being in the right place at the right time, and Forrest has done noteworthy things besides that one night, so he should be there. Bonnar, not so much - there needs to more than luck involved.

Forrest had 2 great wins and 2 good wins in his ENTIRE CAREER!!!
And 7 Losses.

That's not a Hall of Famer.

No and Yes.
If he was to get in, there's so many more fighters that deserve a place. But given that its the "UFC HOF" not the "MMA HOF", he probably will.

[Tycho?];78542459 said:
Yes and yes.

He was never especially skilled, but a special combination of hard work, luck, timing and a ton of heart let him rise to the very top. His influence on the sport has been massive. Deserves it without a doubt, and will get it, also without a doubt.

Sums it up nicely i think.

Dana should put his middle school personal conflicts aside and put this guy in before even thinking of Forrest.

3160ruv.gif

No. He didn't defend his belt, not even once. His loss to Anderson was an embarrassment to MMA. The way he ran out of the ring after Jardine was ridiculous. Tito was old and tired so I place no emphasis on these wins. His wins over bonnar don't mean much to me either. He should have fought Hendo, Davis, Machida, Matyushenko, Gus, Little Nog, and on and on. Too many guys like Ortiz, Ramirez, Jardine, Bonnar, Fulton, etc. Its not like he is old though. He should challenge Gus or Davis, young guys entering their prime but he won't. I understand he is injured and was supposed to fight Davis, but we will see if he does or if he opts for something less challenging.

I

He will get in , I personally would like only the best of the best to get in

No. He didn't defend his belt, not even once. His loss to Anderson was an embarrassment to MMA. The way he ran out of the ring after Jardine was ridiculous. Tito was old and tired so I place no emphasis on these wins. His wins over bonnar don't mean much to me either. He should have fought Hendo, Davis, Machida, Matyushenko, Gus, Little Nog, and on and on. Too many guys like Ortiz, Ramirez, Jardine, Bonnar, Fulton, etc. Its not like he is old though. He should challenge Gus or Davis, young guys entering their prime but he won't. I understand he is injured and was supposed to fight Davis, but we will see if he does or if he opts for something less challenging.

I

Lol you are an idiot

He should and he will. No one in UFC history has done more with less than Forrest. Truly and inspirational guy because all his success came from wanting it the most. Ironically it seems like most of his latest losses are from not being motivated enough to compete

Dana should put his middle school personal conflicts aside and put this guy in before even thinking of Forrest.

3160ruv.gif

So were you going to give a yes or no answer? Or was that supposed to mean No?

I agree that he might end up in the hall of fame as well. It would be soley based off his first fight with Forrest Griffin.

Thats not even close to enough to get into any respected HOF , Guess thats not what we are dealing with here

He should and he will. No one in UFC history has done more with less than Forrest. Truly and inspirational guy because all his success came from wanting it the most. Ironically it seems like most of his latest losses are from not being motivated enough to compete

As a huge fan of his i have to agree, and i don't think he doesn't care anymore. Because he is very passionate about MMA. I just think he realizes he won the belt, had a great career and knows he wouldn't stand a chance against Jones. He isn't fighting to be the best anymore, more so just for fun like Rich is.

Just my opinion.

Forrest has had some high level opponents and he's a former champ,so I say why not let him in. He just as derving as some already in.

Yes & Yes! Forrest helped build the U.F.C. for the mainstream. As far as Dana is concerned that`s enough to get adopted & get in the H.O.F.

Why are you shitting and name calling everyone that doesn't agree with you?

Did you read his post? Made no fucking sense. Disagree if you want but don't be a jacksass.

A lot of people seem to be saying No just because they personally don't like him. Which is fine but that shouldn't be your reasoning for considering him for HOF.

He will get in , I personally would like only the best of the best to get in

Good point. This would be ideal. Save it for Anderson, GSP, Aldo, Chuck, Hughes, Tito, Penn, Nog, Wand, Royce, Saku, Shamrock's, Couture and Miletich.

Guys who actually left their mark inside the ring with multiple belts and a legacy that will be remembered primarily for fighting.

Good point. This would be ideal. Save it for Anderson, GSP, Aldo, Chuck, Hughes, Tito, Penn, Nog, Wand, Royce, Saku, Shamrock's, Couture and Miletich.

Guys who actually left their mark inside the ring with multiple belts and a legacy that will be remembered primarily for fighting.

IF it was soley UFC HOF, Forrest is more deserving than Wand, Nog and some others on that list.

Back