Former WCW champion David Arquette had a deathmatch last night...

neil_totally

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Started well, ended with Gage slicing Arquettes neck a bit *too* open (because he’s a prick) and Arquette reacting pretty badly/appropriately.

Can you really blame that on Nick Gage?
Looks like an accident caused by both guys doing dumb shit

Can you really blame that on Nick Gage?
Looks like an accident caused by both guys doing dumb shit

Oh, it is for sure because they’re both in their doing dumb shit, BUT, as the only guy in the ring with experience with this kind of stuff, he should have been making the effort to be more of a ring general so to speak, I think. The way he worked AFTER something went wrong suggests he didn’t do that, but instead went all “so you wanna be a wrestler!?” Instead

I havent watched the whole match yet, just a couple fan cams of the "accident" so you may be right about all that
Now I'm interested to see the whole thing

When performing stunts like this I would advise having a coffin nearby. The human body is worth way more than what those guys were being paid.

It was very memorable.

Ya know, for all the shit David Arquette got for being in 'Ready To Rumble' and a fluke WCW champion, ya gotta admire the balls it takes for him to return to Pro-Wrestling at the prime age of 47.

Not sure what he's trying to prove, but agreeing to be in a 'death match' takes an extra layer of balls.

it always amazes me that a single person alive has any interest in these types of matches. also, damn arquetsure has fallen. perhaps moreso than any other former world champion not named benoit.

The only fitting end of the match would be a bodyslam onto an explosive that accidentally collapses the floor like a Madrid nightclub and kills everyone present. It's called a Cleveland mastectomy.

it always amazes me that a single person alive has any interest in these types of matches. also, damn arquetsure has fallen. perhaps moreso than any other former world champion not named benoit.

I’d watch Nia in a couple of Joshi death matches...

The Japanese bring death matches to whole new level.

Some of the shit they do is legit insane

He shot in on Gage because he is inexperienced but also because he went to lay down for Gage and Gage wouldn't pin him. After Arquette freaks out, he walks out of the ring, contemplates going to the back, and then gets back into the ring and lays down. Gage refuses to pin him and Arquette shoots on him before getting ragdolled and then finally pinned.

This is what happens when you have a pro against an amateur and then you add in stupid deathmatches. Glad Arquette realizes deathmatches aren't for him and lucky for him it wasn't New Jack

David “Mass Transit” Arquette

Back