Media Former UFC top contender John Moraga gives young top boxing prospect tough fight

Nice gifs cherry picking
lol Floyd and Paquiao r still the best
Moraga is out of prime, never beat somebody really good
I bet Anderson amateur boxing record is 0-0

Cherry picking? What are you talking about, have you seen the fight? Conor barely landed a clean punch the whole fight. Floyd carried him, then abused him and beat the snot out of him, in the easiest fight of his career.

839698260.0.jpg

003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

They would all get absolutely battered by any world class boxer.

This is Anderson's boxing record

https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/152826

lol at Conor having "done it already" too. He got clowned and played with by a retired 40 year old Floyd, who made a name for himself at 130 pounds. Conor would get absolutely demolished by any good prime boxer around his weight at 154 or 160.

Here is how he looked in a boxing ring, against an elite fighter.

UepSTfZ.gif

KlutzyLegalEmperorshrimp-small.gif

aosECR9.gif

OK2E7JV.gif

Adesanya has done better than most. He holds a win over Brian Minto, who is a known name at least. Even that sounds better than it really is. It's the same Brian Minto who got beaten up and stopped by every decent fighter he ever fought, and Izzy could only manage a SD over a 40 year old Minto.

Out of the names you suggested, Max, Poirier and Yan would do the best. Mainly Max because of sheer durability, workrate, stamina, and chin. For those reasons alone he'd put up somewhat of a fight and not look quite as silly as the rest of them, against an elite boxer.
I didn't say they would win, I just said those are the fighters I think have the skills that are able to compete against high level boxers. There isn't many in mma. I understand the skill difference between elite level boxing and high level mma boxing.

Disgusting commentary team suggesting UFC fighters aren't real fighters. Moraga was mainly a wrestler grappler, also he's very old for the weightclass. Let some boxer go against MMA prospect and watch him get brutally sent into the shadow realm.

lol His amateur record is 177-7 and was a world champion, Moraga amateur record is 0-0 probably
Yeah but we are talking about pro fights. Everyone knows amateur boxing has a deep talent pool.

Clay Collard has done really well in pro boxing against guys that he was supposed to be fed too. Took the steam outta a few really great prospects.
Those prospects weren't as highly ranked, they were very green.

Cherry picking? What are you talking about, have you seen the fight? Conor barely landed a clean punch the whole fight. Floyd carried him, then abused him and beat the snot out of him, in the easiest fight of his career.

839698260.0.jpg

003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg
Why he would carried him? why he didnt carried the Japanese kid?
I would take Mike Tyson opinion over the opinion of a boxing fanboy obsessed with the MMA fans lol
This just started in the 90s, we would get better, we would learn all about boxing

Fights like these just show the casuals the UFC fighters are chinny cans with no hands.

Are there any MMA fighters apart from Artem who can actually beat a boxer with hands only?
that wasn't boxing, bare knuckle=/=puglism

Yeah but we are talking about pro fights. Everyone knows amateur boxing has a deep talent pool.
You said "a young boxer with 1 fight". Why r u obsessed with us?. New decade and Tidwell still a retarded hater obsessed with us lol, poor guy, we dont care about what happens in boxing
I was actually paying attention at the oportunities he had to shoot for a takedown or kicking his legs or anything mma related

You said "a young boxer with 1 fight" why r u obsessed with us?. New decade and Tidwell still a retarded hater obsessed with us lol, poor guy, we dont care about what happens in boxing
Obsessed with what? Boxing is a martial art. This is a forum about mixed martial arts. This is post about an mma fighter losing to a pure boxer. I study all martial arts. People just get weird when it comes to admitting mma boxing level isn't on the same level as pro boxers for the most part. There are mma fighters that are an exception to the rule though.

I said 1 fight because he only had 1 pro fight compared to a UFC veteran top 5 contender with double digit pro fights. It's just highlighting that a boxer with 1 pro fight can school a seasoned UFC veteran in boxing. This is for the people that have a hard time accepting the skill difference between mma and pure boxing. People tend to think just because they had success in mma they will be successful in pure boxing, like Askren for example, Paige Vanzant in bare knuckle, etc. A lot don't fully grasp the skill gap difference in boxing technique/speed/patterns/combinations/timing.

Last edited:
Obsessed with what? Boxing is a martial art. This is a forum about mixed martial arts. This is post about an mma fighter losing to a pure boxer. I study all martial arts. People just get weird when it comes to admitting mma boxing level isn't on the same level as pro boxers for the most part. There are mma fighters that are an exception to the rule though.
I dont remenber somebody saying is at the same level. We r stil in evolution, how was boxing 30 years later after the first boxing fight?

it is. that being said, i enjoy watching boxing and grappling matches.
But people don't try to shit on boxing like they do wrestling/bjj/kickboxing/muay thai in mma discussions, when they are all limited in the full scope of mma. I think it has more to do with fighters having less experience with pure boxing compared to the other styles. Most bases for mma is kickboxing/muaythai/wrestling/bjj. They learn their boxing from kickboxing/muay thai and not pure boxing gyms, and it's always been boxing vs mma - so there was always conflict between the 2 styles.

Regardless of all the politics, I too enjoy watching all martial arts.

But people don't try to shit on boxing like they do wrestling/bjj/kickboxing/muay thai in mma discussions, when they are all limited in the full scope of mma. I too enjoy watching all martial arts.

yep. which is why people shouldn't shit on mma's boxing. it's obviously a completely different sport. even the drills are different when you're training to avoid/defend ONLY punches (and only to the upper part of the body). i disagree that mma fighters are inferior when it comes to punching technique, because they have to deal with punches that might be feints into a takedown, kick, etc. they will lose in a boxing match not because of inferior punching techniques, they just have inferior "boxing" techniques.

I dont remenber somebody saying is at the same level. We r stil in evolution, how was boxing 30 years later after the first boxing fight?
I understand those points, and I also understand mma still has a lot of evolving to do.

yep. which is why people shouldn't shit on mma's boxing. it's obviously a completely different sport. even the drills are different when you're training to avoid/defend ONLY punches (and only to the upper part of the body). i disagree that mma fighters are inferior when it comes to punching technique, because they have to deal with punches that might be feints into a takedown, kick, etc. they will lose in a boxing match not because of inferior punching techniques, they just have inferior "boxing" techniques.
Yes boxing has to be adjusted to work in mma, just like every other martial arts. But their technique is the reason they will lose to elite level boxers. Most don't have the boxing technique/speeed/patterns/combinations/timing that elite level boxers have. Their combos/patterns etc are pretty basic compared to what boxers deal with. Yes it's because mma fighters don't focus as much on boxing compared to everything else, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a technique/skill gap that separates the skill levels.

There are high level mma boxers that can compete vs pro boxers. So it isn't like that for every fighter. But if you analyze the fighters there aren't many with the skill level to compete vs pro boxers.

Yes boxing has to be adjusted to work in mma, just like every other martial arts. But their technique is the reason they will lose to elite level boxers. Most don't have the boxing technique/speeed/patterns/combinations/timing that elite level boxers have. Their combos/patterns etc are pretty basic compared to what boxers deal with. Yes it's because mma fighters don't focus as much on boxing compared to everything else, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a technique/skill gap that separates the skill levels.

There are high level mma boxers that can compete vs pro boxers. So it isn't like that for every fighter. But if you analyze the fighters there aren't many with the skill level to compete vs pro boxers.

partially agree. what im saying is that the reason why the "patterns, combinations and timing" seem "wrong" is because they're drilling (and this develops muscle memory) for a completely different threat. in boxing you can drill defenses wherein you only worry about two limbs and only defending the upper part of your body. if mma fighters drill to be good boxers, they'd partially lose the muscle memory to be ready to sprawl, check kicks, etc. in boxing you can worry about feints and combos, but you don't have to worry about possibly being shot on with a double leg, or calf kicks, or punches that transition into spinning backfists, headkicks, etc.

Mostly this kind of idiocy is just an indictment of the sanctioning bodies IMO.

Back