Media Former UFC top contender John Moraga gives young top boxing prospect tough fight

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He fought Marc Castro who is one of the hyped prospects in boxing on the DAZN card of Canelo Alvarez on Saturday, they posted it on DAZN Youtube channel

Moraga was a late replacement and he held his own and gave the much bigger younger and stronger boxer a tough fight.

He fought Marc Castro who is one of the hyped prospects in boxing on the DAZN card of Canelo Alvarez on Saturday, they posted it on DAZN Youtube channel

Moraga was a late replacement and he held his own and gave the much bigger younger and stronger boxer a tough fight.

if by "tough fight" you mean he was punching bag for 2 rounds, then yes he gave a tough fight

The commentators trying to use this as proof that UFC fighters "dont know how to time punches"

bruh hes nearly 40 years old lmao
This has nothing to with age and more with technique and timing. Just shows how a young boxer with only 1 fight can easily school a UFC veteran top 5 contender in pure boxing.

Fights like these just show the casuals the UFC fighters are chinny cans with no hands.

Are there any MMA fighters apart from Artem who can actually beat a boxer with hands only?
Artem can only do it in BareKnuckle and only boxers without punching power. Artem will get schooled with boxing gloves and boxing rules. There are mma fighters that are capable of fighting high level boxers. Would love to see an mma vs boxing fight card one day.

This has nothing to with age and more with technique and timing. Just shows how a young boxer with only 1 fight can easily school a UFC veteran top 5 contender in pure boxing.

Yeah man, ufc fighters will never be super competitive versus boxers in boxing. I'm not a retard.
But are you seriously gunna make believe that this dude wouldnt have had a better showing if he wasnt 40 years old lmao?
A fighter in his prime, someone like holloway, would still lose that fight but would at least look like they are athletes and fighters.

thats true, not hating on him, but i think he was far from "helding his own" being knock down in first 20 secs. that being said i would be koed in first 5
that kid has hands lol, pretty obvious

Yeah man, ufc fighters will never be super competitive versus boxers in boxing. I'm not a retard.
But are you seriously gunna make believe that this dude wouldnt have had a better showing if he wasnt 40 years old lmao?
A fighter in his prime, someone like holloway, would still lose that fight but would at least look like they are athletes and fighters.
I don't think age mattered as much as his boxing technique, timing, combos, and defense. It really is different vs pure boxers and a lot of mma fighters/fans still can't grasp the concept of the wide skill gap. There are mma fighters that can compete with high level boxers, but there isn't a lot of them.

He is only 36 years old and it was only 2 rounds. Age won't factor that early in a fight, skill was the factor. He got turned into a punching bag early and the body shots got to him. He had no answer.

Halloway would do well depending on who he fights. Can't be a power puncher because it may look similar to the Dustin fight unless Halloway has a speed and footwork/movement advantage. But high level boxers are known for great footwork and movement. Both Dustin and Halloway would be able to compete vs high level boxers.

Wasn't Moraga a better grappler than striker in MMA also, or do I remember wrong..
Could be, but he would be doing grappling match ups instead of boxing if he thought that was his greater skill set.

Back