Former UFC MW Champ Rich Franklin looking TST

One of the greatest (math teachers).

A former school teacher that became champ after trainong in his garage. Goattttt

I don't know Rich has always been big. I mean just for the fact that's he's not cutting anymore and obviously working out he's probably just yoked.

Nate Quarry...lol.

method=get&s=nate-quarry-rich-franklin-gif.gif

The season he coached TUF showed how great of a guy he is.

Assuming you aren't joking about his juice business, Rich was weird about what he would or wouldn't put into his body. One of those my-body-is-a-temple people. When he was doing seminars and couldn't make his food, he carried around custom made protein/meal replacement bags. We ragged him about it. I wasn't his best friend, or anything, so he certainly could have been juicing and us not know about it. But it would have been way out of character for him.

no, I'm not joking about him juicing. They pretty much all were... I'm sure / i know he is a stand up guy but what does that have to do with his personal life behind closed doors?
I dont get why you brought up he carried around protein/meal bags cause your body still needs that when on roids it just increases protein synthesis 10 fold

Such a good example of getting out of the sport at the right time. He was a long time champion, who after losing the belt was still competitive at the top level, and then called it quits. Didn’t get knocked out silly multiple times.

Man how in the hell did nate qaurry not see that it was telegraphed any amateur boxer would have seen that coming from a mile, nate had no head movement just stood there like hey hit me on the chin please

What you mean?
I mean the retarded term cultural appropriation. Why the hell some people want to whine when others want to learn something about them? We live in a global society. Unless you behave like Peter Griffin when he found out he had a black ancestor, its OK.

no, I'm not joking about him juicing. They pretty much all were... I'm sure / i know he is a stand up guy but what does that have to do with his personal life behind closed doors?
I dont get why you brought up he carried around protein/meal bags cause your body still needs that when on roids it just increases protein synthesis 10 fold
I brought it up because he wouldn't use over the counter protein drinks because he didn't know what was in them. XYIENCE, who at the time was a big UFC sponsor, custom made Rich's meal replacement to his specs. He was so picky about what he put into his body that I seriously doubt he would take roids. Again, he certainly could have but it was against the character I saw.

Man how in the hell did nate qaurry not see that it was telegraphed any amateur boxer would have seen that coming from a mile, nate had no head movement just stood there like hey hit me on the chin please

He was getting a supreme ass kicking, it was already over..

I had a lengthy discussion in my head about MW greats. It's fucked up. You can make a GOAT case for Bisping, Franklin, Silva, Mousassi, Henderson.. Silva is the obvious choice, but unfortunately I have to think about steroids *JUST A LITTLE BIT*. I'm a huge fan. Still been busted. I'm just throwing him out. This could be rebranded as a discussion about the best middleweight ever that is not Anderson Silva. Given that -

Rich looks good. He outstruck Dan in a fight he prolly should have won. Forrest was too big as was the LHW division. In this era, Rich could be a welterweight, given his frame. Fought TRTVitor and understandably wilted to the goddess incarnate of cheating and science. God bless Belfort, half of me loves him juiced to the tits. Rich was more of a 2/3rd gen fighter that employed a diverse array of strikes and solid wrestling. He fought southpaw to be different. How cerebral. I love him. The prototype.

An argument for Bisping as the greatest MW;

I think Mousassi could beat any and every MW ever, but he's not a huge draw and the UFC is not interested in identifying the greatest fighter in a division that's *NOT* also *really, really* marketable. His first Bellator fight scared me.

Whitaker, Romero need a few years for context.

Rockhold would have to win the belt again to be considered. Same for Weidman.

Hendo could be on the list.

Personally, I love Whitaker and would like to see him give the belt stability.

Bisping isn't even top 10 (in my book)...Ill give Anderson the benefit of doubt and say he wasn't on crazy shit for most part of career.Anderson then Gegard and Mousasi s been clean for 15 years and is in prime now which is crazy(so I'll revisit this in 3 years or so when he plans on retiring young). After that it's subjective city (and I'm a Frankin guy-obviously but also most know I support Mousasi but ' try ' to keep it real.

Franklin could have an argument as goat middleweght back in 2005.
Since then many MWs could fairly beat any version of Franklin. Dave Branch one of them imo. Of course Weidman and Rockhold ffs
Today Rich would be a very good fighter, solid gatekeeper ranking around the top ten in ufc. Legit tittle contender in any second tier promotion (Belator, ACB, PFL, ONE...). No way in the goat discussion in his weightclass today

Bisping isn't even top 10 (in my book)...Ill give Anderson the benefit of doubt and say he wasn't on crazy shit for most part of career.Anderson then Gegard and Mousasi s been clean for 15 years and is in prime now which is crazy(so I'll revisit this in 3 years or so when he plans on retiring young). After that it's subjective city (and I'm a Frankin guy-obviously but also most know I support Mousasi but ' try ' to keep it real.
yeah i had to just throw Anderson out. he's the GOAT to me, though.

Back