Former UFC fighter Nate Quarry to be on Leah Remini's Scientology show talking about JW's

I too was a jehovas witness until I was 8. I don’t remember it being too hateful obviously because I didn’t realize at that age but I did believe jehovah was god and all this crap. I would usually just sit and draw random shit during the Kingdom Hall. But I never did birthdays or Christmas obviously. Was a weird time. All the guys I know who were brought up as jehovas witnesses their whole lives are either still jw, or are absolute career criminals

It definitely brainwashes people.. some people take that crap to their death and believe everything. But it definitely seems like the men who were brought up that way who didn’t stay in it, ended up being into crime (drug dealing, jackers, home invasions etc

You could argue I spose someone brought up in an extremely controlling religion might not have very sound personal impulse control of moral judgement without it.

It was never really forbade, it was just looked down on, but that changed when having a degree started becoming a requirement to work a lot of jobs.

Regarding college this is taken directly from JW's official website JW.org.
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jw-education-school/

"Higher education can lead to moral and spiritual dangers
A Bible proverb says: “The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself.” (Proverbs 22:3) Jehovah’s Witnesses feel that the environment in some universities or similar centers of higher learning can pose moral and spiritual dangers. For that reason, many Witnesses choose not to immerse themselves or their children in such an environment. They feel that in centers of higher learning, mistaken ideas such as the following are often promoted:"

Regarding college this is taken directly from JW's official website JW.org.
https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/jw-education-school/

"Higher education can lead to moral and spiritual dangers
A Bible proverb says: “The shrewd one sees the danger and conceals himself.” (Proverbs 22:3) Jehovah’s Witnesses feel that the environment in some universities or similar centers of higher learning can pose moral and spiritual dangers. For that reason, many Witnesses choose not to immerse themselves or their children in such an environment. They feel that in centers of higher learning, mistaken ideas such as the following are often promoted:"
So going to college isn't forbidden.

So going to college isn't forbidden.

Tell that to the JW's who go to college. I went to college when I was in. You can't get disfellowshipped but there are consequences. I had privileges taken away and was ostracized. When you are indoctrinated from birth that Jehovah is your life it has a big effect on you when people stop talking to you or others make fun of you for going to college. I started dating a JW girl and she called the elders in my congregation to see how my spiritual standing was (how fucking stupid is that statement I just typed out) and all but one elder said that I was a bad influence and that they wouldn't recommend me being a good mate. The only thing that made me a bad influence was that I went to college. I did everything required for their dog and pony show, commenting, preaching, everything but going to college marked me as bad association. Well, the joke's on them now. While power hungry elders are struggling to make ends meet at their janitorial jobs, I make a good living and I'm actually living my life, not the life that the 8 fucktards in New Jersey, the Governing Body, want me to live.

I’ve been a part of 4-5 JWs converting to Christianity. Not only is the shir they believe insane, but their way of dealing with people through shame rather than love and grace is absurd. It’s cult level shit.

And their history. My god. It’s nuts.

Tell that to the JW's who go to college. I went to college when I was in. You can't get disfellowshipped but there are consequences. I had privileges taken away and was ostracized. When you are indoctrinated from birth that Jehovah is your life it has a big effect on you when people stop talking to you or others make fun of you for going to college. I started dating a JW girl and she called the elders in my congregation to see how my spiritual standing was (how fucking stupid is that statement I just typed out) and all but one elder said that I was a bad influence and that they wouldn't recommend me being a good mate. The only thing that made me a bad influence was that I went to college. I did everything required for their dog and pony show, commenting, preaching, everything but going to college marked me as bad association. Well, the joke's on them now. While power hungry elders are struggling to make ends meet at their janitorial jobs, I make a good living and I'm actually living my life, not the life that the 8 fucktards in New Jersey, the Governing Body, want me to live.
I know a bunch who have gone to college and who are still going. One who is in college is a pioneer and ministerial servant. I take guitar lessons at the same place as an elder and his son is in college.

dayum...imagine a knock at the door and seeing Prince :)

I could give Jehova’s Witnesses a pass if Price came to my door.

I have known a couple of Jehova’s Witnesses through working with them. I’m still friends with one of them. He’s actually a good guy. The other, a woman, was a complete cunt. She pretended to be my friend because she thought it could get her places in our office. The second she was going to get it, she turned on me and became part of a group of people who were trying to cover up embezzlement and other illegal activities I had reported.

Am I the only one curious why their churches don’t fucking have windows?!

I shared a house with Joho that had been ex-communicated by his wife and her parents. He was absolutely devastated by it, still loved her but thankfully he still got to see his son regularly. He was a really nice guy and we got on well. One time we'd both been drinking (obviously me more than him) and we started talking about religion. After a few minutes I said to him 'let's never talk about religion again', he agreed and we got on great.

Back