Media Former UFC fighter Max Rohskopf wins comeback fight

Hubbard was honestly a nightmare matchup for him. Although Solecki subbed Hubbard recently, prior to that he'd hung with Madsen and Ramos. He also was known for pushing a pace and holding it throughout the fight. It's similar to what we saw with Greutzmacher this weekend.
I think Hubbard is pretty underrated. He's not elite, but he is tough as hell and a JBG fighter.

Now that you mention it, Gruetzemacher-Hubbard would be great!

After being heavily criticized for quitting on the stool between rounds in his UFC debut, Rohskopf briefly retired from competition. He appears to be back, running through his Cage Warriors opponent Jeff Creighton.

He was a highly regarded prospect before his infamous UFC debut, with strong wrestling credentials and aggressive submissions. He won the first round against Austin Hubbard in his debut, before gassing badly and getting beaten up in the second.

Do you think we will see Rohskopf back in the UFC?

Good to see him back fighting and great for getting the W.

I doubt the UFC picks him up again unless he gets perhaps 5 stoppages in a row. Always a chance of that I guess. UFC have re-signed fighters before that they dropped.

I think Hubbard is pretty underrated. He's not elite, but he is tough as hell and a JBG fighter.

Now that you mention it, Gruetzemacher-Hubbard would be great!
Vinc Pichel vs Hubbard is already made so winner gets the Gritz Panty night

After being heavily criticized for quitting on the stool between rounds in his UFC debut, Rohskopf briefly retired from competition. He appears to be back, running through his Cage Warriors opponent Jeff Creighton.

He was a highly regarded prospect before his infamous UFC debut, with strong wrestling credentials and aggressive submissions. He won the first round against Austin Hubbard in his debut, before gassing badly and getting beaten up in the second.

Do you think we will see Rohskopf back in the UFC?

I think we will -- he actually looked very skilled and showed a lot of talent in my opinion. If he gets some work done with a sport's psychologist (if he has not already) and works out his nerves, I think he has a lot of potential. His striking looked very clean and his wrestling background is a nice base. I'd like to see him develop more and hopefully make his way back to the big stage when he is mentally prepared.

The only mistake Roshkopf made was placing his trust in a coach who did not have his best interest at heart.

There was a female fighter, who came in like Roshkopf on short notice and after one round had basically had enough, and told the Dr. she could not see (knowing the fight would be over) when he had said she could continue.

There was no scrutiny directed at her just like there should have never been any directed at Roshkopf. That fighter did significantly better in her second fight, despite losing a close decision, and has a third one coming up which she has a good shot of winning. Roshkopf very well could have rebounded much like she did had his coach not been a piece of garbage.

His coach was a scumbag when he was released from the UFC for failing two tests, despite only having fought once, and he remains one to this day.
You're talking about Sam "Sampage" Hughes and there was something medically wrong with her eye, she actually couldn't see.

She had a hyphema (pooling of blood inside the eye).

Not for quite a while. He probably needs to overcome serious adversity in a fight before the UFC would give him another chance.

It's not like they love to hire untested scrubs for joke contracts

Hes gunna need a belt from somewhere before he gets called back to the UFC...

Wish him luck tho

You're talking about Sam "Sampage" Hughes and there was something medically wrong with her eye, she actually couldn't see.

She had a hyphema (pooling of blood inside the eye).

As i originally stated in the post you quoted, there never should have been any scrutiny directed at Roshkopf, because he did nothing wrong. It does not matter why a fighter feels they are no longer able to continue and I am not sure why you felt the need to make a distinction when there was none.

Rohskopfs head coach (Robert Drysdale) refused to call the fight after being asked to do so nine times. He publicly humiliated his athlete and ruined his career. That same coach was kicked-out of the UFC (then a fighter), before USADA testing was enacted, for serial PED abuse. Also, Andre Galvao recently said he took a dive in his 2007 ADCC match against Drysdale and the ADCC head said he had evidence Drysdale participated in more than one fixed match. So this guy has never won fairly.

The MMA media and the smug commentators publicly humiliated this kid and ruined his career for having the courage to take a fight against an opponent with three times as many fights as him on 10 days notice. Michael Bisping (who did most of the Roshkopf bashing), said during that broadcast " Robert Drysdale was doing everything he could to instill some kind of fire, some kind of passion to get him off the stool and go out and fight and to be honest i think it was the right thing"

Yet, in 2014 when Drysdale was kicked out of the UFC Bisping said this about Drysdale " Fucking Drysdale he can kiss my ass..... You're a cheat, and now he failed his IQ test. Not only is he a steroid cheat, but he's fucking stupid.".

Bisping and Jon Anik are both pathetic for how they handled that situation and it is also why the MMA media will never have a shred of credibility.

As i originally stated in the post you quoted, there never should have been any scrutiny directed at Roshkopf, because he did nothing wrong. It does not matter why a fighter feels they are no longer able to continue and I am not sure why you felt the need to make a distinction when there was none.

Rohskopfs head coach (Robert Drysdale) refused to call the fight after being asked to do so nine times. He publicly humiliated his athlete and ruined his career. That same coach was kicked-out of the UFC (then a fighter), before USADA testing was enacted, for serial PED abuse. Also, Andre Galvao recently said he took a dive in his 2007 ADCC match against Drysdale and the ADCC head said he had evidence Drysdale participated in more than one fixed match. So this guy has never won fairly.

The MMA media and the smug commentators publicly humiliated this kid and ruined his career for having the courage to take a fight against an opponent with three times as many fights as him on 10 days notice. Michael Bisping (who did most of the Roshkopf bashing), said during that broadcast " Robert Drysdale was doing everything he could to instill some kind of fire, some kind of passion to get him off the stool and go out and fight and to be honest i think it was the right thing"

Yet, in 2014 when Drysdale was kicked out of the UFC Bisping said this about Drysdale " Fucking Drysdale he can kiss my ass..... You're a cheat, and now he failed his IQ test. Not only is he a steroid cheat, but he's fucking stupid.".

Bisping and Jon Anik are both pathetic for how they handled that situation and it is also why the MMA media will never have a shred of credibility.
I didn't say anything about Rohskopf. I agree with you, I don't have a problem with what Max did, and if anything more fighters should quit on the stool when they realize they're completely gassed and beat up. If I were Dana I'm not even sure that I would have released him. I probably would have gotten on the phone with him or his camp and said, that was really short notice, we can talk about doing another UFC fight, but Max is super young and he might benefit by taking some more fights outside the UFC.

Just wanted to clarify that Hughes didn't just decide she'd had enough, she legitimately had a serious medical issue with her eye.

Back