Media Former UFC fighter Max Rohskopf wins comeback fight

That's gotta feel good to be back on the winning path. If memory serves wasn't his UFC debut short notice? I think he'll make it back one day.

That's gotta feel good to be back on the winning path. If memory serves wasn't his UFC debut short notice? I think he'll make it back one day.
It was extremely short notice. Like 5 days or something.

Solid win, but doesn't answer any of the questions anyone will have about him. He's always been a great front runner.

I think it's more likely he'll find his way to Bellator. A little due to Dana blacklisting fighters for whatever he deems worthy, and a little due to Bellator giving their prospects a softer approach most of the time.

Good for him, a few more wins and he might get back.

Some judged him too harshly. His coach was a tool. Still would understand if the UFC just doesn't want this guy. He'll probably really have do a lot to prove himself this time.

Who is the first commentator talking though? Sounds like Vern Troyer or something, lol.

I agree people were too harsh on him. He wasn't in shape and completely spent. I don't think it was quite as a simple as it seemed.

I also agree the UFC won't have much interest in having him back unless he really goes on epic run of wins by stoppage.

Good for him for sucking it up and getting back on the horse.

In his case, we have to see how things play out after the 1st round.

I agree people were too harsh on him. He wasn't in shape and completely spent. I don't think it was quite as a simple as it seemed.

I also agree the UFC won't have much interest in having him back unless he really goes on epic run of wins by stoppage.

I think they would, it's a good storyline. They gave Norman Paraisy a second chance on TUF after he famously quit the first time (and then he quit again lol).

Nope, I actually don't think he'd sign with the UFC even if they offered him another contract, he properly embarrassed himself there last time. I doubt he's got the stones to face those demons, being honest.

Solid win, but doesn't answer any of the questions anyone will have about him. He's always been a great front runner.
Agree. He was already undefeated with a 100% finish rate before his UFC debut, so yet another first round finish does not establish that he can handle adversity any better. He may eventually get another UFC shot, but let him go the distance a few times and see how he does.

Fighters should be judged by their skills and not perceptions about their character. If and when he proves he has the skills to fight in the league, which he will have, he should be back in the league. Which isn't to say he doesn't need more development or more fights, he does.

But people like to trump up all these subjective constructs about "toughness" and who has it by what unquantifiable measurement and who doesn't. And if someone doesn't have what they subjectively feel is the "toughness" then they suddenly become dismissive, even offended. I think merit is better standard. If someone can win fights, they should be in. And right now does he have the resume? Not quite. But if he wins the next 4-5 fights, picks up a LFA belt, Titan belt and is clearly the best prospect on the regional scene, I don't think it's a good argument that "well I was offended by him losing his 6th fight on 10 days notice."

Hubbard was honestly a nightmare matchup for him. Although Solecki subbed Hubbard recently, prior to that he'd hung with Madsen and Ramos. He also was known for pushing a pace and holding it throughout the fight. It's similar to what we saw with Greutzmacher this weekend.

Back