Rumored Former ONE WW Champ and former Bellator WW Champ is not a top 10 UFC WW ?

Your Account

reacted to your score
@Silver
Reaction score
Is there anyone Askren can beat from the current UFC welterweight top 10 ?

gxY2Yjj.png

At this point I wouldn't put money on askren against anyone

He will beat nate though, it is laughable that Nate is #6

gxY2Yjj.png
Love RDA, but Ben would wrestlefuck him worse than Khabib did. Ben also wins the rematch against Jorge, the knee was a once in a lifetime occurrence. Unless either of these guys land a knockout strike, they are toast, and I don't see either of them doing that (again).

He could defeat half that list. Would I bet on him on half of those fights? Probably not now, no.

He will beat nate though, it is laughable that Nate is #6

Nate doesn't have to worry about anything else than takedown defense as Askren doesn't offer any threat in his stand-up. Diaz would school him.

Last edited:
he beat nate every day of the week, if you think nate diaz is fucking damian maia, you should stop watching MMA.
The real question is who diaz can beat in this top 10 WW ? or in the top 10 LW ?

Love RDA, but Ben would wrestlefuck him worse than Khabib did. Ben also wins the rematch against Jorge, the knee was a once in a lifetime occurrence. Unless either of these guys land a knockout strike, they are toast, and I don't see either of them doing that (again).
Does not have the cardio anymore imo

Hard to argue with, "He's not close to what he advertises himself to be as a fighter".. I've got to imagine that it is a fairly bitter pill to swallow. He's jut not as good as he thought. His skills do not translate as well as in the UFC as they have elsewhere....

Also hard to argue the fact that Dana has great timing. 3 - 4 years ago, if he'd gone to the UFC, he could've made adjustments. At this point, he's working with whatever he's got in the locker and nothing much else. He's not gonna learn anything from his losses or improve after them. As it is now, he get's to say, "I thought our guys were too much for him"

Then DJ beats everyone.

Ben is way too one-dimensional to beat either one of them. Impossible to success in UFC if you have 0 striking ability. Same think with grappling.

Last edited:
He's past his prime. I don't get why people think mma fighters are in their prime until 40+

In literally every other sport the fans grasp that athleticism declines once you hit 30. That's why longevity in high impact sports is praised so highly.

It's fucking rare.

I disagree. Khabib is Khabib. He’s more athletic in a different kind of way. Ben is too old, slow, and small. His striking isn’t a threat to RDA at all. Nope I would favor Dos Anjos.

gxY2Yjj.png

No..the guy has always been a can crusher

And cheated death against Robbie

Should be 0-3 in the octagon and Cut IMO

You would have to go much further down than ten to find somebody he'd have a chance against.

WW is tough

former ufc WW champs are also not top ten in ufc

1. Askren probably beats a couple guys in the top 10. At the very least, he smothers Nate from top control.
2. Bellator's WW division was awful when Askren was the champion. He was never a top 5 WW.

Ben should get RDA next.

RDA would fuck him up

Honestly, I'd like to see him vs Gunnar.

Gunnar has much better stand-up obviously, but still doesn't have AMAZING tdd, but is great on the ground himself. And Is very good on top so if he gets on top of Ben, he can finish.

Both coming off losses, both outside of the top 10.

Back